Parker Fly addict wants to buy another one (EU)

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
Jupiter

Parker Fly addict wants to buy another one (EU)

Post by Jupiter »

The title says most, so, I am looking to buy a Parker Fly, Deluxe, Mojo, Classic, pre-refined, refined, I don't care as long as it has a tremolo system and the piezo, as long as everything works as intended etc.

I don't care about colour or body and headstock chips and dings either, but the neck (frets, fretboard, both sides of it and back) must be perfect, no cracks (paint or not) chips etc. across it etc.

Also, it must come with at least the 9's gauge spring, anything else is unusable for my setup.

Last but not least, I don't care about hard cases, gigbags, tools etc.

Shipping to Greece, preferably via UPS (insured).

I am willing to pay a decent price but I am a player, NOT a collector so I am not willing to pay a buttload of money for custom or rare colours, models etc.

Thanks in advance, and yeah, I know, good luck with that! :D
Jupiter

Re: Parker Fly addict wants to buy another one (EU)

Post by Jupiter »

Edited the post, I don't care if it's refined or prerefined either...I love my '95's neck, I wouldn't mind getting another one...
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Shipping to Greece means, in principle, that you can buy from any EU country without paying added duties/fees, correct?
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

vjmanzo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:58 pm Shipping to Greece means, in principle, that you can buy from any EU country without paying added duties/fees, correct?
That's correct brother!

I bought my 95 Fly straight from Italy, no duties, fees etc. whatsoever...

Buying from anywhere outside the EU means I would have to pay at least +30% for customs fees/VAT etc. and that's over both the value of the item AND the shipping costs, which is crazy...

There was a great pre-refined purple Fly, not very long ago, the seller was located in the UK. I was 50-50% to bid or not. The auction closed at 2000 pounds. I never bidded btw because the total amount I would have to pay would be a bit more than 3K euros...

I wish I could just take a plane to the UK and buy it on sight and get back, but with the current condition of my back (and not only), I can't even imaging myself being seated for more than half an hour, a full hour tops, let alone 2, 3 hours or even more for a trip like this (and I've been to Australia twice, talking about a buttload of hours on two different planes, right?).

But I digress...

Still, if I ever come across a great Fly at a low price (to compensate the rest of the BS I will have to pay), I may pull the trigger.

I will put a local ad too, but Parker guitars were never very popular around here, and I doubt if anyone that still has one would be willing to part with it...

Oh, well, a little to late to the party, aren't I? ;)
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Jupiter wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:23 pm Oh, well, a little too late to the party, aren't I? ;)
No, you’re good!! I’m sure that you can find a Fly in your country at a good price—we’ll help, of course. 👌🙂

Many of us here have felt the way that you’re feeling now: “if only I’d known I would have gotten a Fly sooner ‘cause now they’re all gone!”, but the truth is that they’re not all gone, they’re not in very high demand, and if you’re open to fighting the sense of urgency to buy one right now, I’m sure one will pop up in some time that meets your criteria.

One of our Fly Clone friends, @Jack T, was on the lookout for a specific and less-common Fly not too long ago, and was patient for a few months before finding just the right one as described here, so no worries 😉 it’ll happen!
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

@vjmanzo my brother, you've already helped me A LOT, just by reading you guys, going through the amazing info that exists in this community and so forth!

I have the feeling that most of you were waaaay ahead of me. Honestly, I wish I had tied a Parker back in 2006-07 when I brought and modded to my liking my two MIJ RI'68's straight from Japan (different times back then). I was chasing a very specific sound so I didn't care about any other guitars other than strats. Well, and here we are, lol.

I am pretty sure most of you guys were waaaaay more open-minded than I was, but it is what it is. I am lucky enough I have my Fly, I really love it!

Until a few months ago, I was sure there wasn't a guitar on this planet that I can just enter a shop, buy it and be happy, my left hand is VERY picky in terms of neck dimensions, profile etc so ALL my "conventional" guitars have heavily modded necks...I should have known better, I mean I LOVE my Fly's neck!!! And that's not just a good start, to me it's the most important thing to me, the rest I can probably live with (well, probably, it depends). :D
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Oh boy...

https://help.reverb.com/hc/en-us/articl ... to-sellers

Why I have the feeling I won't be able to buy anything from Reverb ever again...if VAT is collected on fees charged to sellers, then sellers will increase the prices accordingly...