FS: .010 Tremolo Spring for Fly Deluxe $35

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
Darth Tater

FS: .010 Tremolo Spring for Fly Deluxe $35

Post by Darth Tater »

I had a Fly Deluxe back in the 90's and recently found this leftover spring in my storage bin! NOS spring for .010 gauge strings. This is the actual original real deal spring that came with Parker guitars!

$35 shipped Priority Mail
Paypal friends & family only please.

I know this is my first post here, but I'm active on The Gear Page. I have this for sale there too, but a fellow TGP'er told me about this forum and said I may have better luck here. Here is my post over there:
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... s.2465343/
Attachments
IMG-7676.JPG
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: FS: .010 Spring for Fly Deluxe $100

Post by mmmguitar »

$90 for the friends-and-family price does manage to undercut Terry's batch. Best of luck with the sale, and welcome!
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Darth Tater

Re: FS: .010 Spring for Fly Deluxe $85

Post by Darth Tater »

Thank you, I hadn't seen those and I had no idea how to price this, so price lowered for the Parker lovers :)
Darth Tater

Post by Darth Tater »

Make an offer?
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Darth Tater wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:17 am Make an offer?
Should I not be out of line for saying so: Parker Fly components are the niche of the niche - Much of the perceived demand we saw from 2020-2022 was manufactured by speculators who were only purchasing guitars and their associated parts for the sake of flipping them. Terry Atkins (Ken’s successor, following sale of the brand) had a batch of springs tempered and listed for sale in the past year mainly for the sake of subverting the efforts of greedy individuals with chop shop practices who were listing springs for $200 in an effort to extort the community. The prohibitive $85-95 price ranges he has used for his spring listings were intended to discourage speculators from buying his entire inventory and immediately relisting them for double the price (rather than establishing what could ordinarily be considered “market value”).

Don’t be surprised if your listing sits for the time being (I know mine have) - For a little while now, the demand has receded while the thoroughly saturated seller base goes through the motions of inferring that Parkers may again be for players and not collectors. Plus, many of us who frequent this site remember when these springs were free.

All that said, I’ll certainly tag you and this thread if anyone mentions needing a spring. ;)
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: FS: .010 Tremolo Spring for Fly Deluxe

Post by vjmanzo »

👍 what @mmmguitar said!
Darth Tater

Re: FS: .010 Tremolo Spring for Fly Deluxe

Post by Darth Tater »

Well it's here and open to offers if anybody needs one! I would think anybody that has a 1996 Fly would want a a1996 spring for it just for the sake of completeness :)
Gregsaab

Re: FS: .010 Tremolo Spring for Fly Deluxe $35

Post by Gregsaab »

I’ll take it, pm me your paypal address.
1998 Deluxe in Dusty Black
1999 Deluxe in Emerald Green
2011 Mojo in Transparent Red [sold]
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

@Darth Tater.
Darth Tater

Post by Darth Tater »

Gregsaab wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:04 pm I’ll take it, pm me your paypal address.
PM sent!
Gregsaab

Post by Gregsaab »

Received today. It’s pristine, indeed. Thank you for the seamless transaction!
1998 Deluxe in Dusty Black
1999 Deluxe in Emerald Green
2011 Mojo in Transparent Red [sold]