Parker Fly w/gk3 wiring

Parts, mods, projects, and requests/concepts based on adaptations of Fly parts
Wesley

Parker Fly w/gk3 wiring

Post by Wesley »

I read that you can have all three outputs on the GK3 parker fly guitar come out simultaneously if it is rewired.1 electric 2 acoustic 3 synth - all Separate! Does anyone know how to rewire it? Currently when you plug in the 13 pin Synth cable, it combines the acoustic and electric down the same output. So it gives 1 for both guitars and 1 for synth. If u unplug the synth it separates elec and acoustic
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Parker Fly w/gk3 wiring

Post by mmmguitar »

Welcome, @Wesley. Please help me to better understand what you're trying to achieve: Are you asking about having two cables (13 pin and T/R/S) running out of your Fly at the same time, for the sake of processing the three parallel signal paths separately? And are you referring to the internal GK kit; as used in the "Mojo MIDI" line of guitars produced during the 00's, or an external GK pickup?
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

This is my guitar, what I want to do is have all three signals come out simultaneously separately. The 13 pin, acoustic and electric all at the same time.

[mod edit: referenced musicradar article linked]
Attachments
IMG_1996.png
IMG_2015.jpeg
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

Yes n yes
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Wesley wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:54 pmYes n yes
Thanks for elaborating with the images. As I understand it, the mag circuit input for the Roland GK board is mono; which means the jumper wire running from the Fly 1/4" output jack to the GK board necessarily causes the Fishman Powerchip preamp's "smart switching" to output the parallel magnetic/piezo signals in summed mono when both a 13-pin and T/R/S cable are plugged into the guitar. Just going by that article, it would seem that simply unsoldering the GK jumper input wire(s) from the 1/4" output jack lug(s) would separate the circuits and restore the stereo switching; allowing the guitar to output the three signals with the use of two cables. However, it would prevent the mag/mix/GK mini toggle switch from working as intended (the "mag" position would have no signal to output).

I happen to have a GK internal kit-equipped Fly; and will try to add more to this post after I've checked under the hood. The first idea to come to mind is replacing one of the on/off/on switches with a 4PDT; so one could toggle between running the mag/piezo and GK circuits separate or in series, according to one's needs.

Update: It seems one of the previous owners of my MIDI Fly had replaced the original jack with the Fishman nine pin switching jack - So I won't have a 1:1 comparison with your Fly to photograph for reference. Still, let me know how the modding goes.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory