Dragon Fly Wiring Please

Discussions of the Dragonfly and the Maxxfly guitars, the Maxxfly bass, and all DF variants
Browndog Owner

Dragon Fly Wiring Please

Post by Browndog Owner »

Hi Guys,

Anyone out there have the wiring diagram to the Dragon Fly? I have the root beer SSH with Duncan’s model. Any help would be just grand. Thank you.

David
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Dragon Fly Wiring Please

Post by mmmguitar »

@Browndog Owner, there are many models of Dragon/MaxxFly - Do you have a specific model number and/or a photo of the guitar that you can post? Does it have black piezo saddles (Graphtech) or chrome (Fishman)?
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Browndog Owner

Post by Browndog Owner »

Thanks for replying. Here are some pics of the Dragonfly and parts that I have. What all is needed besides the schematic? Thanks for helping me out.
Attachments
IMG_7556.jpeg
IMG_7555.jpeg
IMG_7554.jpeg
IMG_7553.jpeg
IMG_7552.jpeg
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

@Browndog Owner

Based on the photographed components, your guitar appears to be a DF624* with Fishman piezo saddles and Powerchip preamp. It shares the same wiring scheme as the older P38 (note that wire color codes referenced in the diagram won't be the same between the two eras):
download/file.php?id=841&mode=view

*jester700 corrected my brainfart of misremembering the model designated by buffing.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Browndog Owner

Post by Browndog Owner »

Thanks. The electronic parts shown in the pics are extra parts that I had laying around my workshop. I was thinking that maybe a power chip is used in it because I do know that this Dragon Fly model takes a 9 volt battery in the back. What do you think? Do most Parker’s that take 9 volt batteries run a power chip?
jester700

Post by jester700 »

Just a nitpick: the gloss versions were named DF624. Same guitar, gloss finish vs. matte on the DF524. Then the DF724 had flame maple veneers.

Nice guitar.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Browndog Owner wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:50 am Do most Parker’s that take 9 volt batteries run a power chip?
Only in the sense that more Powerchip Parkers were produced, overall. With a few exceptions (e.g. early NiteFly models), all piezo-equipped Parkers used active preamps requiring an onboard 9v battery, and this continued through the final era of production utilizing Graphtech saddles and preamps.
Browndog Owner

Post by Browndog Owner »

Cool. What schematic would I use if I wanted to install the Graphtech saddles with the whole Ghost system? I have these saddles as well on my workbench. Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate it.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Browndog Owner wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:03 pm What schematic would I use if I wanted to install the Graphtech saddles with the whole Ghost system?
Linked below is the official guide Parker Guitars put out once they switched from Fishman to Graphtech as their piezo OEM. I've switched three of my four Flys from Fishman to Graphtech; and will be happy to assist once your project is underway.

_files/Notices_Schematics/Graphtec_Sadd ... lletin.pdf