Recording

General musical discussions that don't fall under other categories.
syncopa
Forum Veteran

Recording

Post by syncopa »

Hello all! I am 55 now. In my 20's I was a prolific player. I ran a small studio, 8 track tape in the 90's, that made money. Now I play more for my own inkling, but I built this. Basically, a decent pre-amp, into a limiter, into a couple of interfaces and amp. I have NO experience with the PUSH II but feel that it's basically an 8-channel recorder/sampler. Image I am a tape snob. I ran a Tascam TSR 8 and outboard effects, through an actual board. But I am jumping into Ableton Live 11 and was wondering if VJ would be open to sharing his knowledge and experience with Ableton? No PRESSURE :D I have seen a video of yours and it was helpful but, it was deep. I don't know if it would be helpful for others, but I was hoping to open a discussion on Ableton here...
1998 Classic, 2003 FB-4, 2006 P6EB, 2010 NAMM Show DragonFly DFR522
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Recording

Post by vjmanzo »

Great desk!!! Nice!!

Absolutely happy to help if I can!! I did this book a few years back—if you read the first two chapters, you’ll know everything you need to know about Live—you can read a lot of it on Google Books or from a local library for free…otherwise, it’s on Amazon:

Alternatively, here’s my little Ableton Live starter template:
http://vjmanzo.com/ableton

You can download that and follow along with this video:

That Live template is a very specific approach to using Live—I’m an outboard gear fan/snob too!! I track and edit in Live and then reamp everything out to analog gear and then back in 👌 😎

This is part two of the above video:

syncopa
Forum Veteran

Post by syncopa »

Thanks for the reply VJ! Would it be too much to ask if the Author has a copy of said book he might sign and sell me? If not I can grab one off of Amazon and the follow the videos. Hopefully there won't be too long of a learning curve and I can share something here :D Again thank you!
1998 Classic, 2003 FB-4, 2006 P6EB, 2010 NAMM Show DragonFly DFR522
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

😊

DM me your address 😍 I have an extra you can have that I keep around to stop my fish tank from tilting 🐟
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

vjmanzo wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:55 pm I have an extra you can have that I keep around to stop my fish tank from tilting 🐟
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: