DragonFly/MaxxFly vs NiteFly SA for SuperStrat?

Discussions of the Dragonfly and the Maxxfly guitars, the Maxxfly bass, and all DF variants
reverend-kansas

DragonFly/MaxxFly vs NiteFly SA for SuperStrat?

Post by reverend-kansas »

I'm not familiar with the DragonFly/MaxxFly. Which version has the carbon fibre neck/fretboard? Also, compared to the NiteFly SA, are the DragonFly/MaxxFly more or less SuperStrat?
jester700

Re: DragonFly/MaxxFly vs NiteFly SA for SuperStrat?

Post by jester700 »

The DF824 is the only Maxxfly with the carbon wrap and glued on frets, IIRC. The lower lines are bolt on models with ebony fretboards and tanged frets.

There's a 7 string Maxxfly model with the carbon, and a couple signature models, but they're pretty rare.

The DF824 is lighter and sleeker than a NiteFly, but preferences vary. I like mine, but I really like my bolt ons, too.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

@reverend-kansas

DF824 = 22 fret carbon board.

DF842 = 24 fret carbon board.

Those two models are essentially Flys with a different upper horn shape. All other DF models (including the PDF series) could be described as super strats derivative of the Fly/NiteFly shape, with many featuring the NiteFly version of the Parker trem.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
reverend-kansas

Post by reverend-kansas »

Thanks.

It sounds like the NiteFly SA is more Super Strat and the DF824 is more of an evolution of the Fly