WTB: Supreme, Artist, or some such instrument

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
Patzag
Forum Veteran

WTB: Supreme, Artist, or some such instrument

Post by Patzag »

My lifelong dream ... Let me know if you want to sell one.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: WTB: Supreme, Artist, or some such instrument

Post by vjmanzo »

Hypothetical question, Pat: if you had a Fly Bronze, would you consider routing pickup cavities? 😬 I mean…that’s blasphemy, right?! 😊 But would you??? It would be identical to a hardtail Fly Artist once you added the magnetic pickups. 🤷
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

vjmanzo wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:48 pm Hypothetical question, Pat: if you had a Fly Bronze, would you consider routing pickup cavities? 😬 I mean…that’s blasphemy, right?! 😊 But would you??? It would be identical to a hardtail Fly Artist once you added the magnetic pickups. 🤷
No one's asking me, but: Not only would I do it (in HSS configuration), but I'd rout for a Kahler, as well. Which is why nobody should ever allow me around their guitars.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

🤣🤣🤣
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

I thought about the exact same process and decided already that I would not do it. I’m not qualified to do such a modification.
I thought about it because I have a friend I’m sure I could talk into selling me one of his Concerts.
If a pro were to do it for me, it might be workable, but it would probably become prohibitively expensive.
jb63
Forum Veteran

Post by jb63 »

Purchasing parkers is already prohibitively expensive!
just plain lost
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

jb63 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:28 pm Purchasing parkers is already prohibitively expensive!
Yes. My only real vice is guitars.
billy
Forum Veteran

Post by billy »

mmmguitar wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:54 pm
vjmanzo wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:48 pm Hypothetical question, Pat: if you had a Fly Bronze, would you consider routing pickup cavities? 😬 I mean…that’s blasphemy, right?! 😊 But would you??? It would be identical to a hardtail Fly Artist once you added the magnetic pickups. 🤷
No one's asking me, but: Not only would I do it (in HSS configuration), but I'd rout for a Kahler, as well. Which is why nobody should ever allow me around their guitars.

No one’s asking me either but… definitely would add a single humbucker to a beater, might do it to a good condition one, would not do it to a mint one. 😋
Billy

Spruce spruce and CF forever...
Soloaxer
Forum Veteran

Post by Soloaxer »

Patzag wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:20 pm My lifelong dream ... Let me know if you want to sell one.
Well, Patzag, the real motivation for me to resurrect into the new forum was to list my almost unplayed '97 Artist (transparent honey) with Hiscox case.This Artist is in "museum perfect" condition and when I opened the case for the first time, I was so stunned that I couldn't violate it's purity. It weighed about as much as two potato chips and that shocked me to the marrow. Every couple of years I give it two or three minutes of attention and then put it back to sleep in the closet with my other axes. Exchanging emails long ago with a forum member who worked right with KP in the early years said that after '96 they had all of the bugs worked out of the entire Fly series. Also, I had read that KP had his hands on every Artist and Supreme from what I remember.

I decided to put it back in the closet to sleep a little longer. I have my '99 Deluxe and '06 Mojo to comfort my yearnings, so, if I ever decide to surgically remove myself from my Artist, I will contact you first. At least I know you will not turn it into a "Parkenstein" like one or two of our other beloved members would do. Or------would you? :?:
!Attitude Determines Altitude!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Patzag wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:20 pm My lifelong dream ... Let me know if you want to sell one.
Soloaxer wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:02 pm …if I ever decide to surgically remove myself from my Artist, I will contact you first.
This is my favorite website ever 💚🙂
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Soloaxer wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:02 pm
Well, Patzag, the real motivation for me to resurrect into the new forum was to list my almost unplayed '97 Artist (transparent honey) with Hiscox case.This Artist is in "museum perfect" condition and when I opened the case for the first time, I was so stunned that I couldn't violate it's purity. It weighed about as much as two potato chips and that shocked me to the marrow. Every couple of years I give it two or three minutes of attention and then put it back to sleep in the closet with my other axes. Exchanging emails long ago with a forum member who worked right with KP in the early years said that after '96 they had all of the bugs worked out of the entire Fly series. Also, I had read that KP had his hands on every Artist and Supreme from what I remember.

I decided to put it back in the closet to sleep a little longer. I have my '99 Deluxe and '06 Mojo to comfort my yearnings, so, if I ever decide to surgically remove myself from my Artist, I will contact you first. At least I know you will not turn it into a "Parkenstein" like one or two of our other beloved members would do. Or------would you? :?:
No I would not. I would play it every day! And look at it! And play it ...
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Soloaxer wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:02 pm At least I know you will not turn it into a "Parkenstein" like one or two of our other beloved members would do…
I’m pretty sure @jb63 and @dayn would “Parkenstein” that 🤬 without hesitation! 😛
dayn
Forum Veteran

Post by dayn »

vjmanzo wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:04 am
Soloaxer wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:02 pm At least I know you will not turn it into a "Parkenstein" like one or two of our other beloved members would do…
I’m pretty sure @jb63 and @dayn would “Parkenstein” that 🤬 without hesitation! 😛
I wouldn't touch a mint Artist (anymore, maybe a decade ago), but I would definitely modify a Bronze/Concert into a one-off Custom hardtail Fly.

Who has a cheap Bronze/Concert to sell me?
Soloaxer
Forum Veteran

Post by Soloaxer »

No I would not. I would play it every day! And look at it! And play it ...
Thank you. You definitely will have the first right of refusal. You can count on that and you do have my word.

(Now if I can just figure out how to work all these quotes and tools on Flyclone-------- :oops:
!Attitude Determines Altitude!