Effects Hackathon & Pedal Showcase at WPI April 1st, 2023

General musical discussions that don't fall under other categories.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Effects Hackathon & Pedal Showcase at WPI April 1st, 2023

Post by vjmanzo »

Hey everyone—if you happen to be in the central Massachusetts area on April 1st (no fooling!), our lab is throwing this event at WPI and I'd love to meet some of you in person! I'll be there with at least one Fly! :D
FX Hackathon 2023+.png
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Effects Hackathon & Pedal Showcase at WPI April 1st, 2023

Post by mmmguitar »

Even with a trebuchet, I'm afraid the logistics just don't favor my patronizing this one. I'm hoping someone else from this corner of the internet is able to drop by and let me know how it was.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

I saw some photos from this; and am glad to see that Ken, Andre, and others got to meet up and fetishize these guitars some more.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Thanks, Marc—it was a fun event and, unsurprisingly, filled with many Parkers including a one-of-a-kind model made in the early 1950s that my students just love. 😊 Among the many Flys, the Potato Chip Fly and the second cedar Fly Concert that Ken built for Joni Mitchell made an appearance at the event—Ken said that when he told Joni that he’d built her a backup, she said she loved the one she had and didn’t want to be presented with the dilemma of having to choose which one she liked more. 🙂

Andre and his partner were kind enough to video the event, so an edited version of that is coming soon. 🤙
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Here's Andre's video—plenty of Parkers :D