Happy New Year

General musical discussions that don't fall under other categories.
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Happy New Year

Post by Patzag »

Happy New Year Fly Fans!
May this year bring you all the musical pleasures you wish for and prosperity and happiness!

Patrick
Voice Of Reason
Forum Veteran

Re: Happy New Year

Post by Voice Of Reason »

Happy New Year to you too!

My Fly’s trem is in working order at long last (I.e. 15+ years after buying it). :D

May this year bring similar enjoyment to you all.
1998 Fly Classic
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Happy New Year everyone!! 🥳💜🤘
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Voice Of Reason wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:12 pm My Fly’s trem is in working order at long last (I.e. 15+ years after buying it). :D
What ended up making the difference?
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Voice Of Reason
Forum Veteran

mmmguitar wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:44 pm What ended up making the difference?
Partially misreading/misinterpreting the manual plus having yet another nut cut.

I was hesitant to fiddle with the spring again. My spring (plus my backup) does not co-operate*. Changing grooves did it: however, it was not straightforward (as I had to keep whacking the spring into place several times).

The irony is that my Fly had been serviced (when Parker Guitars was still in business) a few times by an authorized Parker tech (n.b. I had explained the issue and what I wanted). Guess, we all need reading lessons or something.

*These two springs I have left just don’t fall out easy (as it was the case with the original spring …which is long gone). I can’t just use the tension wheel and pull the bar up. It’s a struggle… not the pleasant type.

With the price of springs, I was hesitant to experiment some more. After all, I had the original spring eventually break on me back in the day. There were issues with the trem from day one (including corrosion down the arm holder). So are the joys of buying used… and online (couldn’t find a used Parker Fly locally back then).

All in all, it seems (that and with my frets being fixed this summer) that I can finally enjoy my Fly as it was meant to be. 8-)
1998 Fly Classic
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Voice Of Reason wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:40 am All in all, it seems (that and with my frets being fixed this summer) that I can finally enjoy my Fly as it was meant to be. 8-)
That's terrific. Thanks for taking the time to walk us through what ended up working for you. For as frustrating as your time with the guitar has been, I assume someone else has or is going to be faced with troubleshooting the same issues, and be thankful to have found the process documented here.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Voice Of Reason
Forum Veteran

mmmguitar wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:44 am
Voice Of Reason wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:40 am All in all, it seems (that and with my frets being fixed this summer) that I can finally enjoy my Fly as it was meant to be. 8-)
That's terrific. Thanks for taking the time to walk us through what ended up working for you. For as frustrating as your time with the guitar has been, I assume someone else has or is going to be faced with troubleshooting the same issues, and be thankful to have found the process documented here.
Amen to that. I’m grateful for this community.

:P
1998 Fly Classic