Nitefly electronics issue

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
Miket5r

Nitefly electronics issue

Post by Miket5r »

Hello all. New to the group. I own a 93 fly classic and I just picked up this 08 Nightfly Mojo. I thought a good deal ($650) despite the electronic issues. Body and neck are mint and it came with a set of ZW Active EMG 81/85 not installed well. I routed out more room to accommodated and fitment worked out well.

Here is my question. The dishonest guy that owned it prior removed the Piezo electronics so now it does not work. I figure in the cavity a little preamp of some sort would be there and it’s not so I figure it was gutted. What was it and where could I find the items needed to get it back up and working?

Thx in advance. Mike
Attachments
7FEE971D-BD77-4A3F-8EB1-0F87ADB2B57F.png
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Nitefly electronics issue

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @Miket5r and welcome!

Your NiteFly Mojo came with a Fishman Powerchip, which you can still purchase and have a technician install for you. Assuming that the piezo saddles are still in tact, you should be good to go.

Be sure to read the FAQ page where you can find links to wiring guides and the manual for your NiteFly Mojo.
Miket5r

Post by Miket5r »

Thank you for the information VJ
Miket5r

Post by Miket5r »

Piezo saddle looks to be intact.
Attachments
02AD9E00-011E-43D1-B790-D627154B740A.jpeg
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Looking good, @Miket5r! So, it seems all you need is the Fishman Powerchip and you’re back in business!