Howdy Y'all - '96 Fly Classic owner from Texas

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
Yames

Howdy Y'all - '96 Fly Classic owner from Texas

Post by Yames »

Hey everybody, - Great forum! My maroon '96 Fly Classic is a wonderful guitar but the trem started acting up so I found FlyClone on a google search. Fly Rod, your amazing thread on your black Refined Fly Total Refurbishment was enormously informative. Your initial images of the blown-out front of your Fly gave me nightmares (Really!), so I spent today making a block for my trem so I can play the guitar while I figure out how to get it working again.

I plan to post the problem I'm having (the black plastic spline sleeve that should keep the treaded spring tension rod from spinning when you turn the adjustment wheel is loose and spins in its hole by the strap pin. The result is the threaded rod doesn't move to compress the spring to balance the trem). I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it. I'll also post my solution for blocking the trem. I wouldn't have thought of that until someone mentioned it here.

I'll dig around to find the appropriate sub-forum to post this stuff in. Thanks everybody, you have been a great help so far.

I'll close with the realization that came to me today: Tele = Pickup Truck, Strat = Suburban, Les Paul = Cadillac, PRS = Mercedes, Fly = Ferrari.

My Fly is the most playable guitar I own and it sounds great, but after immersing myself in FlyClone, I can appreciate that they can be fragile and finicky and you need to understand them before you tear into one. The old joke about the Ferrari that comes with "Mario the mechanic" could apply to the Parker Fly, but in this case, Mario is Me! (I ain't bringing this Ferrari to Guitar Center...)
Yames

Re: Howdy Y'all - '96 Fly Classic owner from Texas

Post by Yames »

[attachment=0]Parker Fly Classic Front.jpeg
Attachments
Parker Fly Classic Front.jpeg
JimmyFly

Re: Howdy Y'all - '96 Fly Classic owner from Texas

Post by JimmyFly »

Where in TX? I have a ‘96 classic that looks just like it. It blows away my other guitars.