Replacement Jack for NiteFly M

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
Noodleboy

Replacement Jack for NiteFly M

Post by Noodleboy »

vjmanzo wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:47 am Hi @Noodleboy—it’s a 2006 NiteFly M as you suspected. The NiteFly M with pickup rings had already emerged about that time (see 2004 catalog). The additional character is, I believe, the 0 to designate ‘06 whereas NiteFlys from the ‘90s did not include the 9 when representing 1998.

I don’t recall if the P designation that USM introduced only applied to Flys, but regardless, 2006 was the first year of that serial indicator, but it’s not present on all guitars made in 2006. 🤷
Thank you VJ.
You also answered a question I didn't even ask.
I could never find the nitefly "mojo"in any of the official Parker literiture and I was wondering if the Nitefly M was one and the same.
Bravo for the lightning fast reply and thanks for the help.
Now if I could only find a replacement for the output jack it'll be golden.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Replacement Jack for NiteFly M

Post by vjmanzo »

Happy to help, @Noodleboy 👍👌

A comparable stereo output jack from Switchcraft should be linked in the parts page. 🤘
Noodleboy

Post by Noodleboy »

VJ, thanks again.
Not sure if you'll know the answer to this and maybe "tech talk" is the place to ask it but the will the "flush mount" work in place of the "surface mount" which is the version I think the Nitefly M uses?
I could see that the barrel mount(flush) could be used in conjunction with the jack plate and if so this would make thing easy.
Great site. I'll be spending lots of time here for sure.Thanks again. :)
Noodleboy

Post by Noodleboy »

BTW, the parts page lists the surface mount as source forthcoming or something similar.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @Noodleboy—I've moved these posts to a new thread.

Can you post a photo of your jack? USM used some jacks that mount with a washer—you're looking for a stereo barrel jack with the same kind of mount as you currently have. Switchcraft has comparable parts to the one we've identified on the parts page, so we should be able to get a close (if not exact) match as that was an off-the-shelf component (unlike the original Fly jack).