Hi Everyone

General musical discussions that don't fall under other categories.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by vjmanzo »

Parker V wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:54 pm Does anyone know if the hardtail Deluxe's are rare?
Hi John,

There are not rare. They are less-common than Flys with a vibrato, but, early on, the hardtail was the only version of the Fly, so there are thousands in existence. You can get a sense of the timeline in both the catalogs and in this thread about the Fly history.

Congrats, John! Looks great! 🥳
Paul Marossy
Forum Veteran

Post by Paul Marossy »

Parker V wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:54 pm Hello everyone, I finally purchased my first Parker Fly. I had always wanted one from the moment I saw them at my local guitar center back in the mid to late 90's. I recently was fortunate to buy a 1995 Parker fly Deluxe hardtail. Looks like I'm the 3rd owner of this amazing guitar. Does anyone know if the hardtail Deluxe's are rare? I ask because the owner stated it was rare to have Deluxe Fly with the Piezo and a hardtail. Thanks in advance!

John V
I don't how "rare" they are but they are not common at all. The majority of Flys had the vibrato bridge with flat spring.
Parker V

Post by Parker V »

Thanks Paul! I kind of got that feeling too. I know you mostly see the trem versions these days. But I do know the first Fly's Ken made were hardtail versions.