Just Joined

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
Jeff12

Just Joined

Post by Jeff12 »

Hi,
First time here, lot's of great information. Here is my Fly. Anyone ever see a back cover like this?
Attachments
IMG_9723.jpeg
IMG_9725.jpeg
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Just Joined

Post by mmmguitar »

Welcome, @Jeff12! I can’t say I recall seeing such a diagramed backplate on another Fly. I wonder if that was KORG’s doing.

Any chance I could convince you to show off how that red Deluxe sounds through what appears to be an awesome Jeff Jones Master Volume 5E3?
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Way cool! That looks like a floor model or trade show thing—definitely not a stock backplate! Love it!! ♥️

Did you get this Fly recently? Looks like you have an aftermarket vibrato arm, so I’m guessing you bought this used (or just lost the arm!)?
Jeff12

Post by Jeff12 »

The guitar was purchased used quite a few years ago, It's a 2000 if I'm not mistaken. Had no whammy bar when I got it. Purchased this set, a long and short bar online. I was thinking it was some sort of trade show or store demo guitar. Amp is a 5e7 3x10" non master Jones Bandmaster. (Not sure how you knew that) not a 5e3 Deluxe. If I get a little free time I'll see what I can record of the Guitar and amp.
B363DD59-30D5-4A31-A20B-930143348CF0.jpeg
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Jeff12 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:39 am The guitarAmp is a 5e7 3x10" non master Jones Bandmaster. (Not sure how you knew that)
Just took a stab in the dark based on the photo and having previously seen the “Jones” amp logo while searching “master volume 5e3 mods.” For all the hoopla I’ve read over the years about the Fly being the “third guitar” (after the strat and Les Paul), it’s rare to hear or see demos where the Fly is paired with a classic amp to showcase why it’s no ordinary two humbucker guitar. Hence my seeing your photo and begging for a clip :mrgreen:.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

@Mmmguitar Get a Fractal Audio unit and try the Fly with any amp you want!

@Jeff12 Beautiful instrument. Love that backplate.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Patzag wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:56 am @Mmmguitar Get a Fractal Audio unit and try the Fly with any amp you want!
I have one. I remain a bit of a hopeless romantic when it comes to hearing the real deal classic analog circuits in action.
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

I get it totally.
It’s both economically and logistically impossible for me to indulge in this.
And I discovered many amplifiers through the Axe FX I would never have heard of otherwise.
Case in point, Morgan AC20. My favorite amp du jour for the past 2 years. Possibly the only amp I’d buy if I had to have one.
And being able to “crank” it at room level is a blessing.

Anyhow, sorry for the derail. I’d also love to hear a sample of the beautiful amp pictured above.