Joni Mitchell !!!

post videos and audio of you performing or discussing anything and everything related to the Fly, NiteFly, Fly Bass, mods, or something "cloned"
berlinix

Joni Mitchell !!!

Post by berlinix »

vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Joni Mitchell !!!

Post by vjmanzo »

Love it! Thanks for sharing, @berlinix! I'll keep the sharing going—here's @Ken Parker talking about when he met Joni Mitchell and built her that Fly (at 1:09:54):

Ken also wrote this recently about this performance by Joni at the Newport Folk Festival:
She's playing a Western Red Cedar Fly guitar. I personally built this unique guitar for Joan in 1996, trying to help with a light, small instrument that was easy for her to hold and play, and also to provide a reliable vehicle for a Roland GK2 synth pickup, driving the brand new VG-8, a signal processor potent enough to change the pitch of the string electronically, and thus end her struggles with the 50+ tunings she plays in. She used this guitar exclusively from 1996 - 2002, when she stopped playing guitar in public. What a thrill to hear her play her magic wand after all her trials and triumphs! My Hero.
ahmadimran

Re: Joni Mitchell !!!

Post by ahmadimran »

Such a pleasant surprise, and impressive. I even read somewhere that Joni survived a brain aneurysm and had to re-learn how to play the guitar just a few months back.