"Bullwinkle" guitar hanger

Sources for Cloned and Replacement Fly Parts
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: "Bullwinkle" guitar hanger

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @collin_feral, these routinely come up for sale on eBay.
Fly Rod

Post by Fly Rod »

Here's one of the 3D Printed Versions of the Bullwinkle Guitar Hanger
$20 on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165038146365?h ... Sw~FZgBeTe
FLY ROD Formerly FLY Wheel
ilanberman

Post by ilanberman »

Still have any of these available?
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

ilanberman wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:18 pm Still have any of these available?
Though This seller hasn’t visited the site in nearly two years, there’s an email in their post that you can try contacting them at. Your best bet at the moment may be to solicit in the Parker Guitars or Parker Guitar Owners and Lovers Facebook groups.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
william.shakour

Post by william.shakour »

If anyone in the UK is interested in 3mm acrylic version please ping me. The only reason I say "in the UK" is because recently postage has gone nuts. If you are happy to pay the shipping: np.

I have a picture on Instagram... Tested with prerefined parker fly and it works beautifully.

DownRight

Post by DownRight »

Hello all,
I'm an excited, soon to be Parker Fly owner (currently in transit) and was looking into purchasing a Bullwinkle to use with a Hercules stand.

After doing a little research, I found that the grooves on original and clones are a bit too narrow for that stand, so I've done a bit of 3D modeling and have come up with my own clone from the original design.

After verifying that everything fits properly, I'll share the STL with the group.
Bullwinkle.png
Bullwinkle2.png
They also fit these wall mounts that I bought from Amazon
Bullwinkle1.png
DownRight

Post by DownRight »

Hello all,

Well, the reference I used to model the previous version was waaaaaay off. I wonder if it was the Bass model or something.

I've since re-designed it using my own measurements since I now have my Fly to reference, and have uploaded the "beta" version here on Thingiverse ;)

All in all it's working great, but the one thing I don't like is that if I just want to pick up my Fly from the stand to start playing, the Bullwinkle drops to the ground unless I remember to grab it at the same time. I might make some minor changes so that it either snaps onto the tuners or the stand... not sure which I'd prefer yet.

I also wonder if it's worth adding in slots for all six tuners, or if that's just overkill.

I'll plan to make another variation that works with more traditional guitar stands than this one, which has dimensions suited for a Hercules stand, or similar.
Bullwinkle1.png
Bullwinkle2.png
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

The guitar stand I use - same as yours - came with a pair of spacers to make the neck opening smaller - as if to fit a banjo. It is small enough to hold my Fly in place without bullwinkle. The tuner rests on the grip and holds the guitar up. I'll put up a photo when I get a chance.
DownRight

Post by DownRight »

Patzag wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:39 pm The guitar stand I use - same as yours - came with a pair of spacers to make the neck opening smaller - as if to fit a banjo. It is small enough to hold my Fly in place without bullwinkle. The tuner rests on the grip and holds the guitar up. I'll put up a photo when I get a chance.
Interesting, I'm sure I still have those somewhere as well. I would have thought they would press on the strings, though.
DownRight

Post by DownRight »

Hah, I found mine and of course, you're absolutely right... that's all it takes for these to work really well with a Fly neck and it looks like if you rest the first tuner on the back of the rest, there's no chance that it could slip and interfere with the strings.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

For the EU citizens you may want to keep an eye on this seller (zodiac51): https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134844798640

I just received mine and it's PERFECT! Fits like a glove, thick and robust!
viber_image_2024-02-10_13-36-28-623.jpg
viber_image_2024-02-10_13-36-29-903.jpg
viber_image_2024-02-10_13-36-29-895.jpg

Also, David is a great guy to deal with!
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

And here's the red one from the same seller!
viber_image_2024-02-24_13-06-36-818.jpg
viber_image_2024-02-24_13-06-36-794.jpg
viber_image_2024-02-24_13-06-36-398.jpg
viber_image_2024-02-24_13-06-36-375.jpg
Perfect, just perfect!
zodiac51

Post by zodiac51 »

Thank you for the great review 😍

I'm on about my 14th revision now - mainly tweeking the fit as there are so many Bullwinkles out there that just plain dont fit 😮

I've been away from home this month so had paused my listing on eBay and Reverb, but I am back now if anyone wants to buy one.

I'm also happy to ship to the States, delivery to the USA seems to be around 8 days and postage $5

https://reverb.com/item/77373470-parker ... bullwinkle
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134844798640