Alternative/replacement tremolo arm?

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
merseymale

Alternative/replacement tremolo arm?

Post by merseymale »

It’s practically bankrupted me but I finally got a NiteFly from Ebay however it has no tremolo arm :o

Does anyone have any idea of any replacements (preferably cheap ones!)?
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Alternative/replacement tremolo arm?

Post by mmmguitar »

Welcome, @merseymale. If your bridge has a round insert, you can buy that bar off Mike Gallenberger (wiguitar/g.man music). He’ll turn his eBay/Reverb stores back on on July 2nd.

https://reverb.com/shop/gmanmusicllc

I don’t recall offhand what the diameter of the round bar is, to recommend cheaper substitutes. Hopefully someone else will chime in between now and when I find out.

If your bridge has a hex-shaped insert, you can make your own bar cheaply, by following this guide:

_files/Guides/Parker_Hex_Whammy_Bar.pdf
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
merseymale

Post by merseymale »

:D Thank you so much for your reply!

That reverb shop seems closed at the moment
Also I’m not quite sure whether it’s a hexagonal or circular insert but it seems to be circular…I think?

If anyone has a whammy for the Nightfly M &who is willing to measure it for me I would be most grateful thank you

On the subject of the Nightfly M does anyone know the specifications or names of the pick ups, please?
Cheers
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

It's round - The NiteFly M was after the bar era; so, again, the Reverb store will be open again on July 2nd and you can buy a factory round bar then.

All I know is that the M has "two custom Dimarzio humbuckers." I've never seen anyone determine the magnet type or post more than resistance readings (an old Reverb listing listed something like 17k bridge and 12k neck, if I recall; which is superficially similar to the windings on the Tone Zone and Air Norton that the 90s Fly pickups were derivative of). I'm curious to know more about them myself.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
chrissie_c

Post by chrissie_c »

A trem arm for a US PRS seems to work (probably not the SE, they'll be metric) and they can be got quite reasonably from some people. I got a short 'Gilmour' one for my Custom 24 and it fits my Mojo nicely.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

That’s great to know, @chrissie_c! Thanks!