“What’s This Worth?” Thread

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: “What’s This Worth?” Thread

Post by vjmanzo »

Is that really a strategy you’ve observed? I mean, I had the thought when I clicked the link, “This seller certainly got my attention!”, but I wondered how, if at all, that might convert into a sale.

I would think that pricing that guitar too high might discourage people from even inquiring about a deal. Ya know? We’ve seen NiteFly M’s go for one tenth of that price; if I was really interested in that guitar, and saw that guitar for somewhere in the $1,800 realm I might feel like I could get the guitar for lower, but at a $9k price I, personally, wouldn’t want to even start a conversation. I think we all view “our guitars” sentimentally, to some degree, so a low offer could potentially be insulting—I do see a fair amount of Flys/NFs listed at what I consider to be the “I don’t want to sell it” price.

I wonder if that “advertising” strategy pays off.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

It seems the $6,500 ’99 Artist posted on the previous page sold after two offers. I wonder if it dipped below $5k, how soon we’ll be seeing it again, and if the next Artist listed in worse condition will have a higher starting price.
vjmanzo wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:32 pmI do see a fair amount of Flys/NFs listed at what I consider to be the “I don’t want to sell it” price.

I wonder if that “advertising” strategy pays off.
I see these same weird listing practices here and there with other brands - but the pool of Parker sellers seems to simply have a higher concentration of weirdos. It almost reads like they’re selling off their bragging rights to something.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Red ‘95 Deluxe rewired PTP and missing hex bar being sold for $1950 (w/ shipping), plus tax.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154993566590?h ... Sw4jJifxUM

Update: Sold for best offer
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

https://reverb.com/item/54992091-parker ... ature-2009

Lime gold ‘09 Belew 1.0 Fly Deluxe lasted about 28 hours before selling after two offers. It was the first one listed since this tangerine Belew sold for $7620 in 2018.