Some problem with fly deluxe

General musical discussions that don't fall under other categories.
TaiJi

Some problem with fly deluxe

Post by TaiJi »

1. The spring has 3 grooves, and they have different differences. Which position is it set in the factory? 2. The 9V battery consumes power quickly and will run out in a day or two, which 9V battery should I use?
3.When the balance is reached, the sound is not clear when the string is pushed at 2 string 14 grids.
4. What is the standard height of the Qin Bridge.
thanks
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Some problem with fly deluxe

Post by mmmguitar »

TaiJi wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:15 am 1. The spring has 3 grooves, and they have different differences. Which position is it set in the factory?
2. The 9V battery consumes power quickly and will run out in a day or two, which 9V battery should I use?
3.When the balance is reached, the sound is not clear when the string is pushed at 2 string 14 grids.
4. What is the standard height of the Qin Bridge.
thanks
What year of production?

1. The manual illustration I’m looking at shows the spring in the groove nearest the rear of the guitar. Any of the three will work; as it only adjusts the amount of leverage needed to tilt the bridge. Whichever groove position feels most comfortable is the right one for you.

2. Any standard alkaline battery should last around 300 hours. If your battery is draining within a day or two (even with the cord unplugged), then you have an issue that needs repaired.

3. If you have only one fretted note that is buzzing or muffled, then you likely have a high fret.

You can check if the fret is lifting by tapping the frets of the guitar and listening for whether the high fret has a different sound when tapped. A lifting fret may be reglued and clamped back into place.

If no frets are lifting, then you likely have a high fret that was missed at the factory. Parker frets may be leveled the same as any other guitar - Just take care to not use a grit rougher than 400 for leveling, or to generate too much heat in the frets from friction; as this can loosen the glue that bonds them to the guitar.

4. String height/action at the 12th fret, as set at the factory, is .07”/1.77mm bass side (low E) and .05”/1.27mm treble side (high e). You set the action by raising or lowering the bridge posts with the 5/32” (approx 4mm) Allen head screws on the back of the guitar.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
TaiJi

Post by TaiJi »

Made in 1995, I use a carbon dry cell.
Thank you for your reply.
TaiJi

Post by TaiJi »

I used a 9V alkaline battery, but it also drained very quickly, don't know why.
Attachments
916C17D0-94F5-4088-8A76-1EB6A7E4C361.jpeg
Laughinglarry
Forum Veteran

Post by Laughinglarry »

Is the battery draining even with the cable not plugged in? The cable plugged into the output jack turns the preamp on, even when the guitar isn't being played.
Owner since '98, ADDICT since '08
That would be a SWARM...
TaiJi

Post by TaiJi »

Yes, the battery drains very quickly and doesn't drain when not in use.
TaiJi

Post by TaiJi »

This is the internal diagram,When the battery dies, the guitar will no longer sound.
Attachments
F7D23446-9F33-4076-9586-970161F4CC5F.jpeg
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

TaiJi wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:41 pm the battery drains very quickly and doesn't drain when not in use.
It seems like the problem with your Fishman preamp. As others have said, a typical 9v alkaline battery should yield hundreds of hours of use.

You’re getting the same battery life from a 9v Energizer as with a dry cell battery? Are the dry cell batteries you use rechargeable? Did you recall having this same performance issue before you began using dry cell batteries?
TaiJi

Post by TaiJi »

I've used many kinds of 9v batteries with the same result, if it's a fishman preamp problem, which accessory should I replace.