Replacement/alternate tuners?

PM10s, PM20s, PDFs, and all other P Series guitars and basses
RedbeardPete

Replacement/alternate tuners?

Post by RedbeardPete »

Howdy everybody. I recently started researching Parker and have a long standing fascination with them that may turn into a small collection eventually.

I just picked up a PDF70 and it's missing 2 tuners, oddly. Anyone know how I could source replacements or, know of a replacement set that would drop in and use the same screw holes (the ideal dream, ha!)?

Happy to be here, I learned a lot I wanted to know about the fly and will keep an eye out for one to own forever.
billy
Forum Veteran

Re: Replacement/alternate tuners?

Post by billy »

Congrats! I don’t know for sure but should be pretty standard stuff- the pdf were made for cost and higher volumes. Your best bet would be to pull one, measure and buy from eBay, etc. brand is probably not worth worrying about.
Billy

Spruce spruce and CF forever...
jester700

Post by jester700 »

You might also consider the Hipshot set that has mounting plates so you needn't worry about the screw holes.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

+1 what @jester700 said. I don’t think the stock tuners are anything special, so if you’re open to an upgrade, Hipshot (or Sperzels like on the Fly!) could be worth your while.
RedbeardPete

Post by RedbeardPete »

Cool will do! I got responses from those mfrs. The hipshot with the plates seems very interesting. Thanks y'all!

One day I'll find a deal on a fly