P90 Pickups

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
Patzag
Forum Veteran

P90 Pickups

Post by Patzag »

At XRocker's suggestion, I bought a set of P90s from Vintage Vibe pickups.
They sound great in my Hard Tail deluxe.
However, my many attempts to bond with any other pickups than the original Gen1 DiMarzios failed again.
So my beautiful white hard tail does not get played!

Long story short: The P90s sound exquisite but when I play live, I need the HB sound. Not sure why, but I can't play single coils and FEEL right, even if it sounds great!

So I'm selling the set. I paid $230.00 for it. Shipped and Paypal'ed.
I'd like to recover $200 - shipped and paypal'ed.

I don't have access to Facebook. Maybe I could sell them there are a Rare upgrade for $500? Lol!

Let me know if you're interested.
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Re: P90 Pickups

Post by Patzag »

Bump.
Make an offer 😃
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Just to be clear: do the pickups come with a Fly Deluxe hardtail attached? 😵‍💫😂

I ordered a set of the same P90s as well and have yet to install them—great to hear that you feel they sound great even if they’re not your thing!
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

vjmanzo wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:47 pm Just to be clear: do the pickups come with a Fly Deluxe hardtail attached? 😵‍💫😂

I ordered a set of the same P90s as well and have yet to install them—great to hear that you feel they sound great even if they’re not your thing!
Lol!!!!

Yes, they do sound great. So if you like the feel of P90s, you'll be in pig heaven.
dayn
Forum Veteran

Post by dayn »

Is it a set with the Charlie Christian neck and P90 bridge, or both are P90's? All black bobbins, or ?? Got pics?

I sent Pete a set of Fly pickups back in 2008 so he could trace the bobbins and make Fly pickups. The first set he made was a P-90 bridge and CC neck, that went into a green hardtail Fly Deluxe Standard (no piezo) that I had bought from Alex Ortner (908ssp). GREAT sounding guitar. I haven't seen that guitar in ages so not sure who owns it, but a Parker forumite had it at one point.

If you want to see the guitar, check out this youtube clip (there are a few clips of that guitar). Ignore the poor playing and my formerly youthful appearance. At the very least, you can hear what patzag's P90 can sound like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERpb-ncHusg
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Hey Dayn!

Both P90s, black bobbin.
I don't have a picture handy now but I'll post one later.
Exact same as on the Fly you mention - which is on the Vintage Vibe website, by the way.

Wonder what Alex is up to. He was a wealth of knowledge on Flys and anything Carbon Fiber related.