Refitting Tremolo - Bridge Insert / Screw Position

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
moreteavicar

Refitting Tremolo - Bridge Insert / Screw Position

Post by moreteavicar »

Hi there, can't believe I've not seen this great website before!

I've done a bit of a search on the web but can't quite find the answer - is there a guide or reference on refitting the tremelo bridge support posts back into the body? In particular, where should the "mirror-threaded" screws be sitting when screwing the posts back in? I recorded it took 7 turns to remove the 6 string post, and 9 turns for 1st string post - but I inadvertantly removed my screws from the body, so not sure where the starting place should really be for optimum action adjustment. I guess trial and error might be one solution, but if theres any knowledge or procedure to share that would be helpful!

PS I decided to replace my old bb saddles on my NFV1 with Ghost ones, along with the awesome looking Hexpander kit, anybody else here tried it?
moreteavicar

Re: Refitting Tremolo - Bridge Insert / Screw Position

Post by moreteavicar »

OK I have had the chance this evening to figure it out - I can start with the screws with a fraction of a turn each in the support posts, and then wind into the threads in the body - turning clockise from the back of the guitar. I could probably start with another one or two turns in the bridge posts, but going from the turns I recorded when removing it, this still gives me full range of height adjustment without coming to the end of the thread in the posts (it bottoms out in the cavity). Hope this helps anyone else in the future!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @moreteavicar—glad to hear this worked out (it seems).

The NiteFly bushings (the ones that go into the body) were originally glued in—are yours not secured in the body any longer?
moreteavicar

Post by moreteavicar »

They are, nice and tight. I just didn't know the starting point of the screws in them when attaching to the posts- all the way at the back, the front, halfway in etc - turns out at the front is right.

Will uplaod some pic when finished - still waiting on my micro-crimper tool so I can modify the switching options on the Ghost Hexpander connector blocks.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

moreteavicar wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:12 pm still waiting on my micro-crimper tool so I can modify the switching options on the Ghost Hexpander connector blocks.
Oh? Please keep us posted.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory