Help - need NFV2 wiring diagram!

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
drssyoon

Help - need NFV2 wiring diagram!

Post by drssyoon »

My guitar technician decided that things were wired incorrectly and messed up the wiring on my SSH NFV2.

Piezo and magnetic pickups are mixed up and the toggle switch is wonky.

If anyone has a diagram I would really appreciate it! Thanks.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Help - need NFV2 wiring diagram!

Post by vjmanzo »

Sorry to hear this, @drssyoon; my NFV2 is with a friend, but I’ll try to get him to take a few photos…
ClydeCrashcup

Post by ClydeCrashcup »

I too need this wiring diagram desperately as my NAV2 came with all of its guts removed and disconnected.
drssyoon

Post by drssyoon »

I hope vjmanzo didn't forget about us...
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

All official schematics/wiring diagrams that Parker Guitars shared with the public seem to be compiled in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48

Scroll down to the “NiteFly” section.

Most of the Parker HSS/SSS wiring variations I’ve seen use the same components and signal path as any typical HSS guitar, plus a separate wire for the summed piezo signal ultimately soldered to the other lug of a stereo jack (whether active or passive).

For example, an active NiteFly could be wired up using this P38 diagram:

download/file.php?id=841&mode=view

For a passive HSS NiteFly, the output from the mag volume pot goes to the mono lug of the output jack, and the summed piezo lead wire goes either straight to the other jack lug or through its own volume pot (depending on the owner’s preference).
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

drssyoon wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:23 pm I hope vjmanzo didn't forget about us...
Sorry about that 😊 Luckily, @mmmguitar saved the day 😜
drssyoon

Post by drssyoon »

Thanks mmmguitar.

Can you shed any light on the pickup/piezo selection switch and from what I recall the "blend" function on one of the knobs?

Thanks.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

drssyoon wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:05 am Can you shed any light on the pickup/piezo selection switch and from what I recall the "blend" function on one of the knobs?
viewtopic.php?t=188

According to that thread, the mag and passive piezo signals are wired to separate lugs/channels of a stereo jack, with the mag/piezo switch being a C&K SPDT on/off/on that determines which channels receive signal.

I don’t recall Parker ever offering a “blend” pot, though I assume the outboard piezo preamps/DIs the passive piezos were expected/intended to be used with (e.g. the NiteMix) would have a blend knob. Assuming your NFV2 is passive, blending or otherwise having the mag/piezo signals in parallel prior to preamp buffering wouldn’t produce an ideal sound.

By the way: What exactly are the symptoms affecting the guitar? Because you need a TRS cable running to two amps and/or a mixer in order for the switching in the passive NiteFlys to “work.”
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Droptune

Post by Droptune »

Was this ever resolved? If so is it possible to snap some pictures of your wiring setup? Desperately trying to get my NFV1 to function correctly!