Parker P6EB opinions?

Event series, Intrigue series, Jazz series, and the PAB-40 (acoustic bass)
DanSchafer

Parker P6EB opinions?

Post by DanSchafer »

Any thoughts on these? Info? How many made, etc.?
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Parker P6EB opinions?

Post by vjmanzo »

I’ve never played one myself, but I’m also curious. It doesn’t have any “special” treatments (composite-reinforced neck/fingerboard, etc.), so, while I’m sure it’s a fine guitar, the shape seems to be the most novel aspect. I can check my records to see how many were made, but if anyone knows, I’d be curious as well.

Having said that, I have played the Parker Acoustic Bass and it was well-made and sounded great! It was, however, comparable to other acoustic basses out there, so I didn’t hang onto it. I know that very few of these were made.

Thinking of getting one, @DanSchafer? I’d be curious to hear how you think it compares to your Fly Concert/Bronze!
DanSchafer

Post by DanSchafer »

I made the plunge...It should be here tomorrow :-)
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Yeah, man!! That's great! Let us know!!!
DanSchafer

Post by DanSchafer »

Got it! Wow! Super unique! Sounds reall good! Unplugged & plugged into my Fishman. Very high quality! Spruce, mahogany, ebony, Fisman dual pickup system..High output & XLR output! Grover 14.1 tuners..I'm thrilled!
Parker's First Acoustic is Something Decidedly Different!
Have you noticed that any time Parker Guitars designs a product, it always ends up looking like nothing anyone ever built before? Not even a little. Those that like the unique looks combined with light weight and an extensive feature set love them. Those searching for a distinctively traditional instrument might want to look elsewhere. Or should they? Because plenty of guitarists say that a Parker isn't for them - until they sit down and play one. Hmm. Suddenly those unusual curves seem to be a logical complement to the light weight and the superb playability. Chalk up another convert! Honestly, it's not a big surprise. And now we have Parker's very first acoustic guitar. Well, actually, it's an acoustic-electric with a built-in Fishman Acoustic Matrix undersaddle pickup and a little something else up its "electric sleeve." As you'd expect, it's still a non-conformist design-wise. The Parker P6E is very similar to its "big brother" the P8E, except for the thinner body and a few different premium wood selections.

The Parker P6E starts with a solid spruce top for a big, well-balanced sound and rosewood binding. The back and sides are built from mahogany, as is the neck, which sports an ebony fingerboard and an oval sound hole rosette adds another unique touch. Say, now that you look at it, this acoustic-electric has sort of an inspired Baroque look to it, and that's before you ever play a note or plug it in. Once you start playing, you'll really fall in love with the way it balances on your knee and the way each note has just the right combination of fundamental and harmonic. Plugged-in, the Fishman Acoustic Matrix pickup system delivers a surprisingly authentic acoustic sound with tight lows, complex midrange and a smooth, glossy high end. For a raw, more aggressive electric sound, simply switch to the specially-designed Fishman hum-canceling neck pickup. Now it's another guitar altogether. Sweet, eh? Yeah, we knew you'd love it all along. After all, if Parker didn't believe they could do the whole acoustic-electric thing just a bit better than anyone else - and yes, a bit differently - well then, why bother?

Parker P6E Acoustic-Electric Features at a Glance:
Distinctive Parker design with spruce top and rosewood binding
Solid mahogany back and sides
Select mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard
Fishman hum-canceling neck pickup plus Acoustic Matrix undersaddle system
Includes deluxe plush-lined hardshell case
Distinctive Parker design with spruce top and rosewood binding
Like all Parker Guitars, the P6E Acoustic-Electric doesn't follow any trend. Like all their products, they chose the best materials; then they built their own uncompromising vision of what a guitar should be. For superb tonal balance, they started with a piece of select spruce for the top, because that's where the magic begins. From there, all the pieces must work in total harmony, so for the binding, Parker decided that the best possible material was not plastic, it was rosewood.

Solid mahogany back and sides
The next step is choosing a tone wood that would resonate perfectly with the spruce top, and so, for the Parker P6E, solid mahogany was selected for the back and sides, a recipe that's been time-tested to produce a clear, well-articulated sound. It's been used for over a century in some of the finest instruments, making it the perfect choice for this brand new acoustic-electric for a brand new century!

Select mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard
Mahogany is some of the densest wood on the planet, yet it also contributes in a very distinctive way to the sound of the P6E. By using it here, Parker has actually made the neck superbly stable (as any woodworker will tell you). And since they've gone to this much effort, you can bet that only the best fingerboard will do, so they chose African ebony, which has long been called "the king of woods."

Fishman hum-canceling neck pickup plus Acoustic Matrix undersaddle system
Sure, once Parker got the P6E to this point, they could have considered the instrument to be perfect. But knowing that many musicians require an amplified acoustic guitar sound, they hand selected a Fishman Acoustic Matrix undersaddle pickup system for the most accurate reproduction of this guitar's tone up on stage, or alternatively, when used in the studio, where nothing less than the best will cut it. For those times when an accurate acoustic sound simply isn't what the doctor ordered, there's a specially-designed Fishman neck pickup with Neodymium magnets. The combination is guaranteed to blow you away!

Includes deluxe plush-lined hardshell case
Naturally, any guitar this good deserves a deluxe, plush-lined hardshell case at no additional charge. This will protect your investment when traveling to gigs across town or across the country.

Parker P6E Acoustic-Electric Features:
Color: Black
Body Type: Custom-designed slim-profile acoustic
Finish: Gloss
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Shape: Custom
Top Wood: Spruce
Back Wood: Mahogany
Side Wood: Mahogany
Machine Heads: Grover Sta-tite
Scale Length: 25"
Fingerboard: Ebony
No. of Frets: 19
Position Markers: Microdot
Pickups: Fishman magnetic neck pickup plus Fishman Acoustic Matrix system
Controls: Master volume, Mag/Piezo blend, active bass and treble controls
Pickup Switching: Blend control
Bridge/Tailpiece: Solid ebony with compensated saddle
Hardware: Gold
Case: Deluxe hardshell
The P6E is acoustic-electric done the Parker way!

made in China, with source materials listed inside the body as: Spruce (Canada), Mahogany (Indonesia), Ebony (Africa), Tuners (Taiwan), Electronics (USA), Finish (Japan), Assembled (China). the serial number line is left blank. So, I cannot confirm the exact serial number or manufacture year. here's a youtube video demonstrating the guitar..It has no serial number so it could be mine :-)

Notes_Norton
DragonFly Veteran

Post by Notes_Norton »

Of course, you know the rules, you don't really have it until we see pictures of yours! :D :D
Bob "Notes" Norton
Norton Music: http://www.nortonmusic.com Band-in-a-Box power user style software
Also The Sophisticats: http://www.s-cats.com
syncopa
Forum Veteran

Post by syncopa »

I am getting into this lately... LOL, But, besides the cheaper construction of this guitar (plastic binding) it sounds amazing! I would love to play a P8 or P9 more emblazoned.
1998 Classic, 2003 FB-4, 2006 P6EB, 2010 NAMM Show DragonFly DFR522