Best Nitefly?

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
Fast-Die

Best Nitefly?

Post by Fast-Die »

hey Guys,

I just wanted to know your thougts on this. Is it true that there is a differece in quality between the eras?

http://gtroblq.blogspot.com/2010/02/par ... -dead.html

Best Dom
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Best Nitefly?

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @Fast-Die,

This document summarizes the changes of the NiteFly over time. The most radical departure from the original design, which occurred at the very end of Parker Guitars, was a NiteFly that had no composite reinforcement on the neck (only a composite fingerboard); this is shown in the 2015 catalog.

There are many subjective reports of quality control changes over time at Parker Guitars; some features noted in the article you linked are mentioned in this post . For example, the Fly and NiteFly eventually both used the same fretwire.
jb63
Forum Veteran

Post by jb63 »

I've played about 6 different ones and NONE of them were bad. I had to tweak the one I kept's trusted but it responded well to that-- better than the fly-- and with all the ease of customization for your preferences, the nitefly is a fantastic guitar-- all of them.

try one out from the beginning run, a beater with the jumbo frets, pay about $500 for it. you'll be impressed!
just plain lost
InsideInfo

Post by InsideInfo »

Prices are getting cookoo. Nice to see there's some love for these though. I've never played one...paid 1000 for a mint one getting delivered tomorrow. Other mint condition ones people are asking 2200 for. I feel blessed now! Heard some folks think it plays like a strat. What do you think?
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

I love the NiteFly!! You’re in for a treat, @InsideInfo! It’s a slightly chunkier neck than the Fly, but is very “Fly-like” in feel and balance. And how does it sound? To me, it sounds like the best Strat you’ve ever played!
jb63
Forum Veteran

Post by jb63 »

This will help:

just plain lost
Fast-Die

Post by Fast-Die »

@InsideInfo Glad you found one ;)
i just got a 2002 Nightfly M (no mods) with a bunch of battlescars ;) (gives a hole lot of character)
the only thing not working is the piezo on bottom string... there the Balls went missing...
but the feel of this is way more awsome then i expacted it to be ;)
got mine in drop D tuning and soundwise(magnetic PUS) it feels almost chugy like a PRS or LP ;) just with half of the weight
the coil sound bridge position to me it messes with a tele...
got it for about a week now... all other guitars remaind at the wall...

just have a lot of fun with it ;)