Fly Finish Recommendations in Denmark

Discussions of every Fly in every variation including Deluxe, Classic, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, Stealth, Concert/Bronze, and custom Flys
JeanD

Fly Finish Recommendations in Denmark

Post by JeanD »

Hi all,
Great forum. I am not sure where this post belongs...
I have a fantastic 2004 red Fly Mojo flame, with a couple of dings/paintchips on the finish. I would like these to be fixed.
Particularly one on the side of the neck, a centimeter or so from the 6th fret.
Anything to be aware of when taking my guitar to a repair guy? like what kind of paint is it, and such things. Thanks.
Note I am in Denmark.
Best regards,
Jean
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Fly Finish Recommendations in Denmark

Post by vjmanzo »

Hej @JeanD, and welcome!

There are a few trusted companies that we tend to suggest—Shazrock is run by Sharon Cline who worked at Parker Guitars with Ken in Wilmington and then made the move out to Mundelin when Parker Guitars was sold to USM.

Are you open to shipping the guitar to get this done, and, if so, how far?

Depending on how bad the chips are, it’s likely a straightforward thing; the only real caveats are to avoid strippers or any chemicals that you’d normally use on Strats; and nothing should be allowed to touch the fretboard other than water. If your just doing little touch-ups, it might simply be a matter of matching the colors.
JeanD

Re: Fly Finish Recommendations in Denmark

Post by JeanD »

Ok, thanks,
I am not so sure about sending my fly too far out, no insurance money can replace it... I will think about it.
Br, Jean.