Removing the pre refined stereo/mono switch

Discussions of every Fly in every variation including Deluxe, Classic, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, Stealth, Concert/Bronze, and custom Flys
mtyrrell1982

Removing the pre refined stereo/mono switch

Post by mtyrrell1982 »

I think my stereo/mono switch has broken down. How would I wire it so that it's permanently in stereo and the switch is redundant?
Floydwhammy

Re: Removing the pre refined stereo/mono switch

Post by Floydwhammy »

Little late in reply as I'm a brand newbie to this forum, but FWIW if you look at the stereo/ mono switch inside the cavity you will see 2 side by side rows of 3 pins. when the switch is popped outward the middle pins connects to the outer facing pins in each row. when the switch is pushed in the middle pins connect to the inner facing pins in each row. you can confirm this with a basic multi meter set to ohms for continuity. Put one probe on the middle pin and the other on the inner or outer pin and you can see when you push the switch in or out which pins connect. I think stereo would be the switch popped outward which would mean permanently connecting each rows middle pin and outer pin with a quick spot of solder or short wire etc.
you can test it first by holding bent paper clips etc on the pins or an alligator clip (that opens wide enough to grip 2 pins at once) from an electronics supply place.( radio shack?) Then have someone strum the the guitar through an amp to triple check it all before you solder.
Hope it helps.