Original Fly output jack

Discussions of every Fly in every variation including Deluxe, Classic, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, Stealth, Concert/Bronze, and custom Flys
jjhargrave

Original Fly output jack

Post by jjhargrave »

Good morning,

I just registered to this forum. Great material. Can anyone help me trouble shoot an electrical issue I'm having with my Parker Fly Classic. It is having very poor and a crackled signal. Its the original pre-refined wiring with the A and B wire tape. I believe I have narrowed it down to the output jack. Can someone help me determine this definitively? I'm new to the guitar wiring world and would also love some layman resources on how to rewire components specific to my Parker. Hope all this made sense. Thanks!

JJ
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Original Fly output jack

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @jjhargrave; great to have you here!

Those jacks can be a little tricky if they fail. We had a thread on this recently that you might find helpful. Does your jack look like this:
Fly_flex.jpg

Regarding rewiring, have you looked at the Electronics and Wiring Guides?
jjhargrave

Post by jjhargrave »

Yes it does have that parasite plug. I'll take a look through the thread. As far as the wiring diagrams goes, Ill have to just study them some more. They are like a foreign language to me. Any recommendations on a good replace jack? And also, what is the best way to test for a bad jack?
MadMac

Post by MadMac »

@ @jjhargrave
think you're looking for this:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7

there you can find all part's of the fly and the replacement ... if there is a source...
very very helpful
many thx @ @vjmanzo
for all this damn useful information...!!!
so much work you put into...
much much respect & big thank you!
M.
life is what you make it...
You should have no difficulty looking at stains on the walls or the ashes of a fire or the clouds or mud, and if you look closely at these things you will find wonderful new ideas, because the mind is stimulated by insignificant things to new inventions.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Thanks, @MadMac 👍🏻 We Fly fans gotta look out for eachother! ;)