Damage to Fly from Broken Spring

Discussions of every Fly in every variation including Deluxe, Classic, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, Stealth, Concert/Bronze, and custom Flys
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Damage to Fly from Broken Spring

Post by vjmanzo »

Hello,

My team and I are looking for examples of damage to the Fly resulting from the flat spring breaking. If you have any pictures and narrative describing damage to your Fly as a result of the spring breaking, would you kindly post those here?

In particular, we are looking for photos of damage to the wood inside the bridge cavity and, if applicable, photos of any damage to the front of the guitar where the springs broke through the wood.

Thank you!
InsideInfo

Re: Damage to Fly from Broken Spring

Post by InsideInfo »

Oh man, you got me nervous!

Is this something you've heard much about? Actual damage from the spring breaking? Am I any safer not using the tremolo at all and just keeping the fixed position or do they snap for no reason at all? I'm reeeaaally trying to put the spring out of my mind lol but... thanks man.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Damage to Fly from Broken Spring

Post by vjmanzo »

Haha no real cause for alarm :lol:

Damage to the body due to a spring snapping is rare; it’s more likely that the spring would just snap and fall apart. However, there are a few known instances where a broken spring did, in fact, shoot through the front of the guitar. :shock:

We’re mostly just looking to gather any info on this that we can.