XOX “the Handle” guitar?

General musical discussions that don't fall under other categories.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

XOX “the Handle” guitar?

Post by vjmanzo »

Has anyone ever played one of these XOX “the Handle” guitars?
FFDDDC13-8A05-45EE-AFD7-5ACBB0C54334.jpeg
https://musicplayers.com/2009/05/xox-au ... le-guitar/

Looks like the company has been gone for some time; I’m not looking for another guitar (he says, lying to himself), but I remember seeing these years and years ago and am curious if anyone here has ever played one. I don’t usually like guitars made entirely of composite materials, but, like I said: I’m curious about this. Anyone played or seen one in the wild??
Laughinglarry
Forum Veteran

Re: XOX “the Handle” guitar?

Post by Laughinglarry »

Absolutely, I have and love my Vibro model.

The ergonomics are NOT QUITE up to Fly speed though. They're a bit neck-heavy; not like an SG or Melody Maker, but hands-off it'll settle at horizontal, whereas a Fly will stay where you point it.

The sound is great, very Les Paul-ish (PAF Pro's were standard). Originally they only had a balance knob, which works beautifully, but the later ones (mone!) include a 3-way switch. The middle position uses the balance knob, so it can be anywhere between neck and bridge. Lovely, and useful. The tone pot is also well-voiced, so there's nothing not-to-love, aside from the fact that it's NOT a Fly.

Oh. and while you posted a shot of the standard fretboard, the ZigZag is an amazing sight to behold.

If I could figure out how to attach a photo I would...
Owner since '98, ADDICT since '08
That would be a SWARM...
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Thanks, @Laughinglarry! Great to learn about your experiences with this. 🙏
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Bump. I now want one of these after seeing this video.

Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Another bump. It's nice to occasionally encounter these in the wild:

For anyone enamored following such Billy Mays-like demonstrations, I see there's one listed on Reverb for $3,500 by a "ParkerFlyGuy."
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
nangillala

Post by nangillala »

I have one in white. I love how it looks and also how it sounds. But it is a bit too neck heavy to really love all of it and I don't gel with the bridge. While I love the look of it, palm muting with it feels weird, because the studs(?) protrude that far.

I don't see it as an alternative to the Fly, more like an playable art project. I always wanted one of the baritone ones, those probably sound great.