Reglued fret?

General musical discussions that don't fall under other categories.
InsideInfo

Reglued fret?

Post by InsideInfo »

https://reverb.com/item/37057071-parker ... rple-quilt

Good lord does purple burst look great on that thang!!!

Would you be at all concerned about the fret having fell off and reglued? :shock:
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Reglued fret?

Post by vjmanzo »

Agreed! And, of course: gone in less than a day!

Frets can be reglued, but it can be a sign of a larger issue. There’s are some guides here. I’ve had techs repair Fly frets for me a few times, and have been happy with the results, but, of all the “projects” you could tackle with a “project guitar”, lifting frets and fretboards are probably not the ones you’d want to deal with.
jb63
Forum Veteran

Post by jb63 »

I had that purple guitar once, ended up selling it for $200 less than I paid for it and the guy didn't even give me feedback on ebay!
There have been some serious high prices for flys lately. NOT player prices. I still have a backup, but its sad to see these going so pricey what with about 7 gigs available in every city.
just plain lost
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

jb63 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:27 pm ...its sad to see these going so pricey what with about 7 gigs available in every city.
I hear ya, but, from what I've noticed over the years: the Fly prices really do go in these waves where, on average, you can expect to pay around $1750 for a decent Fly, around $1250 if you catch one quickly (or if it's dinged up), and around $2300 for something kinda rare-ish. Plus or minus a few hundred bucks, of course, but, despite some outliers and a few weeks of high-priced Fly sales, I think that's about the market now and that's certainly what the market has been for the last 3 or 4 years (anecdotally, as I've observed it).

I do people asking $3,400 or so for their Flys, which is not far off from what they sold for new from Parker Guitars five years ago, but, in general, I don't think most Flys sell for that much.
InsideInfo

Post by InsideInfo »

I bid on it before your reply but lost out anyway. Probably for the best. He accepted my offer at 2600 but then backed out as someone paid FULL PRICE. So with shipping, taxes and import fees right around 4k. For a reglued fret, and two nicks on it.

I feel the 2700 I paid twice now for a mint and near mint was plenty! I'm not doing over that anymore.

Get my nitefly delivered tomorrow. Woohoo!