Thanks for the Forum!

General musical discussions that don't fall under other categories.
WKG

Thanks for the Forum!

Post by WKG »

Just found this place! I was really disappointed when the Parker forum went down.

Thanks for the work setting this site up, I love my Parker Mojo!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Thanks for the Forum!

Post by vjmanzo »

Hey @WKG! Welcome! Glad you’re a part of this!
resettheconsole
Forum Veteran

Post by resettheconsole »

Realized ParkerGuitars.com and the forum disappeared some time ago. Just found this page through Google today and I'm back.

@vjmanzo, thank you.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Yeah @resettheconsole!!! Glad we’ve reconnected!!!!!
jb63
Forum Veteran

Post by jb63 »

Ha! Welcome back!
Now can you re-do all those posts with pictures again, in order?

;-)
just plain lost
jojo3110

Post by jojo3110 »

Hey, I just feel the same!
I am really sad that such a... well, I'd say THE greatest guitar company went down. Glad that Ken Parker is still building great archtops but I miss the fly... Unfortunately I wasn't able to spend the money for a real fly despite I have a P-38 and a P-44.
Are there any plans around here ("fly clone" implies that...) to actually clone these great guitars? I wish there was a 7 string (not that crappy MAxxfly design!).
Cheers!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

jojo3110 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:06 pm Are there any plans around here ("fly clone" implies that...) to actually clone these great guitars?
Thanks, @jojo3110, and welcome!

The immediate roadmap for Fly Clone is to rebuild the mission critical tooling and components, before we reach the point where buying a spring resembles Mad Max! 🙃 There’s more information on the About page, and we’re taking all of these things in stride. We’re not a company, we’re part of a non-profit research lab, so the initial milestones more closely include research, analysis, and adaptation of tooling and components. Flys are very difficult to make, and there is a lot to learn by scrutinizing the work that @Ken Parker and his team accomplished. As we continue to have success in that regard, there is an open road ahead for all of us!

In the meantime, hopefully this forum and the knowledge shared by its members can help the community until we are able to address some of the more pressing needs.

Again, thanks for being a part this!
sindrist

Post by sindrist »

Same here, great to see the idea of the perfect electric guitar lives on!

@vjmanzo I'm trying to send another member a message, would you please be so kind as to lift the noob-restriction off me? :)
btw. very interested in the replacement springs project! Even more excited about the long time goal of making a fly-shell-kit, keep up the good work!
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

@Sindrist, I *think* you lift the PM restriction by making a single post - So you may be good to go.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

mmmguitar wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:59 am you lift the PM restriction by making a single post
Yes, @Sindrist, @mmmguitar is correct.

Welcome to the forum!
sindrist

Post by sindrist »

Halleluja! Free at last ;)