P-38, Lace Sensors, Piezo, Schaller Switch.

PM10s, PM20s, PDFs, and all other P Series guitars and basses
monchavo

Re: P-38, Lace Sensors, Piezo, Schaller Switch.

Post by monchavo »

vjmanzo wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:52 am Thanks, @monchavo! We’re glad to have you as part of this community!
My pleasure. I already have 27 guitars, but not a Fly, all this talk is making me consider one :D
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

monchavo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:55 am I already have 27 guitars, but not a Fly, all this talk is making me consider one :D
Hahaha that's how it starts! :lol:
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

@monchavo, here are some (crummy) photos of the smaller powerchip and mag/piezo selector switch:
IMG_2011.JPG
IMG_2012.JPG
IMG_2013.JPG
Being as it’s not clear in the photos: The red/white wires soldered to the top of the board and braided together in the sheath are the mag/piezo stereo output to the appropriate contacts on the jack, with the bare wire from the underside of the board wrapped up with them going to ground.
monchavo

Post by monchavo »

mmmguitar wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:01 pm @monchavo, here are some (crummy) photos of the smaller powerchip and mag/piezo selector switch
Being as it’s not clear in the photos: The red/white wires soldered to the top of the board and braided together in the sheath are the mag/piezo stereo output to the appropriate contacts on the jack, with the bare wire from the underside of the board wrapped up with them going to ground.
This is exceptionally useful. Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Just when I thought everything was going smoothly, a strange spanner has been thrown in the works.

The chap who owns the guitar did a "dry fit" of the Schaller switch. He notes that the switching mechanism on the Schaller fouls the tone pot when installed on the plate. He notes that flipping the switch around means that the flat side of the switch faces the pots and then does NOT foul the pot.

This seems to be a simple solution which would then require the wiring to the switch simply to be "inverted".... I am unclear if the switch would support this and if that would result in any other side effects. Is it just a simple matter of flipping the wiring diagram around?

Thanks again for your help.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

It seems to me that swapping the pickup leads soldered to contacts 2 and 3 would reverse the throw of the switch for this purpose. Of course, the commons used for the tone pot-outs would be affected, as well.
monchavo

Post by monchavo »

mmmguitar wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:09 pm It seems to me that swapping the pickup leads soldered to contacts 2 and 3 would reverse the throw of the switch for this purpose. Of course, the commons used for the tone pot-outs would be affected, as well.
So swap 5 and 6 too?