Another Majik Blue Parker

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
hlrowe

Another Majik Blue Parker

Post by hlrowe »

My 2005. I think :) It has an 05 in the SN#. I bought it in either '06 or '07 from wwbw.com. It was supposed to be black (only Fly in stock) but they sent me a blue one and I didn't complain. I have short fingers. 3" middle finger and 8" span. I wish I had my wife's long lanky fingers. Anyway, I bought it because I tried one at a Guitar Center in Dayton, OH and loved the neck. They wanted way too much money for the used one that had no case, knobs missing and fairly scratched up.
Attachments
Fly in front of Bose in Basement
Fly in front of Bose in Basement
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Another Majik Blue Parker

Post by vjmanzo »

Looks great! Love that color!

How do you like the Bose for what you're doing with Bias FX2?
hlrowe

Post by hlrowe »

vjmanzo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:16 am Looks great! Love that color!

How do you like the Bose for what you're doing with Bias FX2?
I do like the color also. The Parker box was marked dusty black and low and behold a majik blue came out. I just said 8-)

The Bose does a really credible job. I'm happy with it. We originally bought it for my son who gigged in high school and used it for keyboard and vocals. He borrows it occasionally. Also nice to have 4 channels when he comes over to gig with the old man :D He will run Amplitube on his iPhone into an iRig out to the Bose using his American Strat or Rickenbacker. Sounds very nice but I still prefer the BiasFX2 sounds.

When we first bought the Bose we tried different hardware modelers like the kidney bean PodXT and a Roland. They never sounded that good. Fizzy. Software modeling seems to have come along way since 2004. I was really surprised how well BiasFX 2 sounds. There is also no latency running into an old AudioBox. I have to use the 32 bit version due to the Audiobox ASIO 32 bit drivers. Running on an i7 laptop. I also love the drag and drop interface to add effects. I started with the $100 version and moved to the Ultimate. One thing that does tee me off is the acoustic amp pack is still extra. When I get the Fly fixed I will probably try the Graphtech through that pack.

I still need a MIDI foot controller. Not sure which one I'm going to buy yet?
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Very cool!! I’ve been using a similar setup with Bias Amp/Bias FX for a few years now and, like you, am very pleased with the results! I think the consistency of the Fly tone lends itself really well to amp simulators!

I’ve always thought those Bose systems are cool and the lightweight aspect seems great!

I have that Bias acoustic amp pack and, I found it a little artifact-y with regard to the Fly piezo signal, though some of the effects are very useful! My intention was to shape the piezo signal into something that more closely resembled a mic’d acoustic, and the acoustic simulation module that comes in that pack was a little underwhelming for my taste. For the money, I think a Fishman Aura 16 would do the trick, but I’ve never used one; I ended up doing a similar operation using the tonematch functionality of a Fractal Axe-FXII and I’m happy with the sound, but that’s way overkill. That type of sound modeling from impulse responses and with convolution is something we’re just starting to explore in our lab; it’s crazy complicated!
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Hi

Great to have found this forum after everything else seems to shut down regarding Parker Guitars.
Thanx!

I use the Bose L1 as well in an "easy jazz" duo context.
I just go straight into the Tonematch with my Supreme and love the sound (being just a comper here...).

This guitar is one of two I wont give away ever.
And I have some... :-)

Regards, Rainer
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Very nice, @Rainer! Great to meet you and welcome to the forum!
Barry
PM20 Expert

Post by Barry »

Beautiful guitars both!
Love one woman, many guitars.
Or, was it the other way around?

Guitars: https://legend.barryeames.com
Mr303
Forum Veteran

Post by Mr303 »

Very Nice guitar.
I’m rather fond of the blue, as well as tangerine and solar flair.
Right after I got my gold deluxe I saw a solar flair for sale but funding didn’t allow purchase.
I have yet to see a finish that I couldn’t live with on a Parker, they really are undervalued gems in the guitar world.
Happy New Year!