The "Red" Mojo Flame

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
schrectacular

The "Red" Mojo Flame

Post by schrectacular »

Hi all,

New to the forum, I dug my Parker out of the closet after not playing for a quite a while... This guitar has a slightly interesting story. I purchased it in Beijing, China in the spring of '09 at a musical instrument trade show. I believe I paid RMB15000, which was the most money I'd ever spent on anything at the time. I didn't even look at other guitars, I knew I wanted to play a Parker and after I put my hands on it I just had to take it home... I probably paid too much for an instrument that had been around the block (P0612013), but it's brought me many hours of joy and I still get a lil' chubs every time I look at it.

I brought it back to the states with me in '14 so it's now back in the USA. I was planning on selling this guitar, but I still don't think I have the heart to do it. It shows it's wear, and when I'm old and deaf, it might be nice to look at and remember why I can't hear. So instead I'll show it off to people who have seen the same thing a million times, but, like me, still go "ooooooh!"

Oh and the best part about the whole re-awakening journey was discovering that the myth, the legend, is still at it and making guitars that make you triple-take: https://kenparkerarchtops.com/
Attachments
GE_04028.JPG
GE_04034.JPG
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: The "Red" Mojo Flame

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @schrectacular—let me be the first to say: "ooooooh!" 🤣

Welcome! And thanks for the great story and lovely photos! No matter how many times you see one, that red color (and the Fly, in general!) is quite something!! 🤤