Parker DF Cousins.

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
Notes_Norton
DragonFly Veteran

Parker DF Cousins.

Post by Notes_Norton »

The one on the left (stage right) is a standard DF524NS

The one on the right (stage left) is a factory custom issue. DF522NN (NN for Notes Norton) with two Duncan P-Rail pickups with triple shot rings. These pups give me the following sounds: P-90, Rail, Series Humbucker, and Parallel Humbucker. Like all DFs I can blend the Piezo with the magnetic pups.

The P90 and humbucker sounds are very good, the Rails are good too but weaker in volume (no problem, I have a volume knob).

I bought the 524 and loved it, but I had been playing a guitar with P90s on the gig for a couple of years. After playing a P90 guitar exclusively for a long time, everything else just sounds dull. So I had the factory build one for me. The extra charge for the custom build was reasonable.

On the gig the pups are in the P90 mode for most songs, a dozen or so need humbuckers, and a few need that "fender" sound of the rails. The Piezo gets blended in when I need some extra twang. I never play piezo only because although it does sound acoustic, it's thin. I have an acoustic sim on my pedal that sounds more like a flat-top than the piezo.

I hope these guitars take me until I reach my coda. I can't imagine being happier with any other guitar.

The only problem with the Parkers is that I no longer have the joy of GAS. :D

Notes
Bob "Notes" Norton
Norton Music: http://www.nortonmusic.com Band-in-a-Box power user style software
Also The Sophisticats: http://www.s-cats.com
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Parker DF Cousins.

Post by mmmguitar »

They’re gorgeous as ever, Notes. I envy anyone who had their dream guitar(s) built by Parker before they shut down; being as I have to be my own custom shop, now.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
ahmadimran

Post by ahmadimran »

Notes_Norton wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:47 pm

The only problem with the Parkers is that I no longer have the joy of GAS. :D

I really feel you on this, I just somehow cannot muster any excitement for any other guitar. I am completely obsessed with the design, philosophy, and everything Parker.
Mr303
Forum Veteran

Post by Mr303 »

Owning a Parker simplifies life since there are few interesting guitars I can afford or would really want.

Some of the Boden, Tueffel models etc are exceptions but not enough to spend money on.

Guitar center’s wall of guitars is pretty but holds no allure.

With a Parker all I need are strings and a spare battery....oh and that stereo cable and two amps...ha!

Happy new year!