Another Fly!

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
InsideInfo

Another Fly!

Post by InsideInfo »

Well, I'm knee deep in it now. My second fly and first refined I've ever got my hands on. So far, not hearing or seeing any advantage of refined vs prerefined. Also got a minty fresh Nitefly on its way this week. Was posted for about 2 hours on Reverb before snatching it up. The wife is not going to appreciate 3 parkers in several weeks! But, we must preserve history right guys
lol! It is definitely encouraging to know mint Parkers are still out there!
16051281965944978230938691957067.jpg
Attachments
16051282442804575400550127934122.jpg
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Another Fly!

Post by vjmanzo »

Oh yeah!! Looks great!

As long as there aren’t “quality control” issues with the Refined Fly (which was sometimes an issue), the differences between the original Fly and the Refined are in many ways a matter of preference. There’s no doubt that the standards were quite high in Wilmington and that a few quirky Flys slipped passed the goalie after that, but the pre-refined and refined Flys are more similar than they are different.

Congrats on the new addition! Just so you know: if you don’t have at least a couple of Parkers in the same household, they start to go bad, so, it’s recommended to have at least two. :lol: