2001 Classic (Pawnshop Special)

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
Presence76

2001 Classic (Pawnshop Special)

Post by Presence76 »

So I picked this up online from a pawnshop. It has some bad fading in the wood you can’t see from the pics.
There’s also a nice gouge on the bottom
Also - the electronics didn’t work properly.
Sooo
I installed GraphTech saddles and an Acoustiphonic preamp. Also (couldn’t get black/creme for the neck) DiMarzio Gravity Storm pickups.
Also added a free way switch.
Finally a kill switch.
It killed me to gut it, but I believe it was beyond repair (or at least beyond my budget)
But I’m enjoying it now very much!
Attachments
CC17ABEE-F054-4190-A641-FFE2499A9D81.jpeg
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: 2001 Classic (Pawnshop Special)

Post by vjmanzo »

Looks great!!! Seems like a cool project!!

Those early transparent Classic finishes are known to fade, but, IMO, it gives it kind of a unique cloudy look; I really like the way this looks right now even with with the two-toned pickup!

Congrats!
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Presence76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:54 am So I picked this up online from a pawnshop. It has some bad fading in the wood you can’t see from the pics.
Sooo
I installed GraphTech saddles and an Acoustiphonic preamp. Also (couldn’t get black/creme for the neck) DiMarzio Gravity Storm pickups.
Finally a kill switch.
It killed me to gut it, but I believe it was beyond repair (or at least beyond my budget)
I love beater Flys. Please think of me if you ever feel like selling it.

How do you like the Gravity Storms? I had a set in a ‘96 deluxe and just couldn’t get along with them - Even though they sound great split. I’m always eager to hear owners’ experiences trying different pups in the same Fly.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Mr303
Forum Veteran

Post by Mr303 »

I need to go to better pawn shops.
I’d refurb a fly if one like this appeared.
Presence76

Post by Presence76 »

mmmguitar wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:36 am
Presence76 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:54 am So I picked this up online from a pawnshop. It has some bad fading in the wood you can’t see from the pics.
Sooo
Finally a kill switch.
I love beater Flys. Please think of me if you ever feel like selling it.

How do you like the Gravity Storms? I had a set in a ‘96 deluxe and just couldn’t get along with them - Even though they sound great split. I’m always eager to hear owners’ experiences trying different pups in the same Fly.
Hey - great question. So the split sound is awesome-def noticed that. I am digging the neck in series too, but kind of ambivalent on the bridge. I haven’t put a lot of time in on them though, so next month when I play with the band I’ll have a better idea.