Nice to be back

Show and tell! This is a place to showcase your Parker guitar! New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
Stevieaxeman

Nice to be back

Post by Stevieaxeman »

Very happy in discovering the replacement forum only today and being able to talk to Fly Fanatics once again :)
I will post some pics when time allows this weekend but in summary
Ken- era Deluxe Single-2 in majik blue
USM Mojo
USM Mojo bolt on
USM sunburst deluxe bought on one of the factory tours but has early signs of fret lifting :(
It’s one of the unusual ones with a chunky neck and sounds great thru my Bogner XTC - think and growly with gain , so hoping to find the right solution to getting the offending frets refitted at some point
I also had a midi fly briefly a long long time ago

Anyway greetings again from the Uk and pics to follow ...
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Nice to be back

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @Stevieaxeman! Thanks for joining us!

Great collection—looking forward to seeing the photos!
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Stevieaxeman wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:36 am Very happy in discovering the replacement forum only today and being able to talk to Fly Fanatics once again :)
I will post some pics when time allows this weekend but in summary
Ken- era Deluxe Single-2 in majik blue
USM Mojo
USM Mojo bolt on
USM sunburst deluxe bought on one of the factory tours but has early signs of fret lifting :(
It’s one of the unusual ones with a chunky neck and sounds great thru my Bogner XTC - think and growly with gain , so hoping to find the right solution to getting the offending frets refitted at some point
I also had a midi fly briefly a long long time ago

Anyway greetings again from the Uk and pics to follow ...
Hey Stevie!
Welcome back here! Glad you found our new hangout.

Listen - on the frets lifting, there is a real easy fix. You have to make sure you have the right fret. Just dab a tiny drop of superglue at the edge of the fret and it will "wick" under the fret. Push down hard on it for 20 seconds with a wood block and you're good to go.

Happened on one of mine and that fixed it good.

If that's not enough to handle your fret(s), there's a good video online of Terry Atkins doing a fret fixing job. Better to do this while the fret is still in the right spot.
If the fret falls off, don't clean the neck. The glue residue actually "marks" the spot where the fret should go and it makes it easy to put back in the exact right spot so the intonation is not altered.

Good luck!

Patrick
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Patzag wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:14 am If that's not enough to handle your fret(s), there's a good video online of Terry Atkins doing a fret fixing job.
FYI—this is that video:

Thanks @Patzag and @Terry Atkins
Stevieaxeman

Post by Stevieaxeman »

Finally got a few mins to add pics
The Flame topped Deluxe was a purchase from my factory visit way back - the pic doesn’t show the top having a sea-green tint to it
It has a fat / deep neck- possibly a one off for a show etc
It also has some intonation issues (I think the bridge is slightly misplaced as I can’t get one of the saddles to travel far enough to correct the intonation)
It also have 4 or 5 frets which are starting to lift slightly at the edges
I have some work to do on it when I get time
Plays great / sounds great apart from that
Attachments
EF53BA12-DD3C-4458-A6FE-EE82FEC8686B.jpeg
58CAE406-BD34-492E-8FB4-1EF75F5A3808.jpeg
DC5DEC2C-3338-4BF5-9BAD-2299493A3E39.jpeg
F3FDD7B6-272F-4097-A781-4C5003E914FB.jpeg
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Great looking collection, @Stevieaxeman!! Really love that flame topped deluxe!!!