WTT: Bronze/Concert Fly for Spanish / Nylon Fly. WTB also.

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
DLQ

WTT: Bronze/Concert Fly for Spanish / Nylon Fly. WTB also.

Post by DLQ »

Hi all,

I have a newborn at home and a Fly Concert / Bronze has been pretty ideal for playing on during down periods, as it puts out enough sound but is soft enough to not bother the baby.

I'm basically a classical player though, so it would be pretty cool to have the nylon version instead.

I'd be interested to buy one straight out, but also would be open to talking trades for the Concert / Bronze that I have. It is a 1998.

Thanks for looking!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: WTT: Bronze/Concert Fly for Spanish / Nylon Fly. WTB also.

Post by vjmanzo »

Hey @DLQ; good luck with the search! The Fly Nylons are less common, but they do show up every now and then!

I shared with some others recently that I began keeping track of Fly Nylons/Spanish on eBay in 2004, and most that I observed sold for over $4,500 with a few exceptions. I got mine a few years ago for $2,700 on Reverb and my brother got his a little over a year ago for $3,000 on Reverb, then sold it for around the same. They are out there, but, in my experience, usually only about three or four show up each year on eBay and Reverb starting around $4,500+ and are gone relatively quickly, so have money ready if you aren't able to secure a trade/sale through this site first!

As a note: the Fly Nylons sold new for about $4,500.

If you see a "Spanish Fly", it is the same instrument as a "Fly Nylon", so just grab it! :lol: it might possibly have a different Fishman preamp.
Fun fact: Ken Parker wanted to call the “Fly Nylon” the “Fly Classic”, and, even more, detested that the name Spanish Fly, a rape-denoted double entendre, was used to name a guitar that might possibly be more appealing to women than the other Fly models. 🙁 Eventually the name was changed from the Spanish Fly to the Fly Nylon years after Ken left the company.