95 Fly Deluxe on Reverb

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
wolframsark

95 Fly Deluxe on Reverb

Post by wolframsark »

I just bought a Southern Nitefly so I’m good but this one looks cool. I like that they’re including an official replacement USM saddle.

https://reverb.com/item/40407466-parker ... uge-spring
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: 95 Fly Deluxe on Reverb

Post by vjmanzo »

Thanks for posting this, @wolframsark. I agree with the seller that this is a “project guitar”, so I wonder if it will really command the $2,900 asking price. It sold brand new for about that price in 1995, and despite the seller’s cautionary advice to “Get it now before you regret it”, there are plenty of Deluxes in better condition that sell for less. That being said: I’d imagine the seller would entertain offers much lower than the Add to Cart price. That’s always the big question, right?! What would someone actually pay for a Fly Deluxe with gashes in the body and broken electronics?

What do you think? And more importantly: let’s get some pics of that new Southern NiteFly of yours! 🤤
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

I made an offer for the sake of parting out the guts, working saddles, and spare trem. It turns out he wants way more for his restoration project than 100% functional Flys have been listed for on the same site, and raised the price of his offer threshold. You never know if financial hardships are motivating these listings, but I get the impression the guy’s a flipper.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

😑
wolframsark

Post by wolframsark »

:-|
Parker Fly Deluxe and Southern Fly owner.
jb63
Forum Veteran

Post by jb63 »

The market will bear what the market will bear, I guess.

[Remembers that most flys are in the hands of collectors]

I'd like to vote for them all to be priced at $2000
just plain lost
Musikron

Post by Musikron »

Makes me feel better and better about the, seemingly at the time, small fortune I spent on mine.
wolframsark

Post by wolframsark »

Someone bought it!
Parker Fly Deluxe and Southern Fly owner.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

I noticed that!

You know, I understand why it is that way, but I really do wish you could see the actual negotiated price that it sold for on Reverb. As it is, if you click the link, it looks like the seller sold that guitar for $2,750, but I suspect an offer was excepted; there’s no way to know any of that data, however, but rest assured: that won’t stop people from making the claim that “a beat-Fly fly sold for $2,750 on Reverb“ when that’s probably not really true. 😑
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

I believe that if you "Watch" an item, you get a notification of sale which indicates the price.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Patzag wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:52 pm I believe that if you "Watch" an item, you get a notification of sale which indicates the price.
I'll take a look; I did Watch this one. You're saying It notes the actual final selling price? Interesting...