Looking for a Deluxe, Classic, or Mojo

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
rmora88

Looking for a Deluxe, Classic, or Mojo

Post by rmora88 »

Let me know what ya guys or gals have for sale if any?!?

I'm in Oakland, California, USA if anyone is interested in trading/ buying/ etc.. open to overseas as well.

Thanks!
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Re: Looking for a Deluxe, Classic, or Mojo

Post by mmmguitar »

We have international buyers and sellers - It may help if you update your post with the country you’re based in, as well as whether you’d prefer to trade within US, EU, etc. or if importing is an option for you. Hope you find all three!
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Ditto what @mmmguitar said including the hope that you find all three! 😉
rmora88

Post by rmora88 »

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll do that! :D
rmora88

Post by rmora88 »

@vjmanzo is that your guitar on your avatar? (Ice Blue Burst)?
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Yes it is! Better photos at http://vjmanzo.com/fly if you’re interested
rmora88

Post by rmora88 »

oh wow! You own all of those??!

I love the Parker Fly Deluxe (1997) in Dusty Black... that is my dreammmmm guitarr...
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Thanks, @rmora88; FWIW: I don’t like any other guitars as much as I like the Fly, so most of my G.A.S.-tendencies get channeled into different Flys or Fly mods 😜

I completely agree with you: Dusty Black is a great color, and the Deluxe is the Fly model I reach for most often.

The ice-burst blue Mojo is the only Fly I bought directly from the factory; all others were bought used.

The Fly you’re looking to get now: would this be your first Fly?
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

vjmanzo wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:18 pm I completely agree with you: Dusty Black is a great color, and the Deluxe is the Fly model I reach for most often.
Oh. So I guess you wouldn’t miss that Mojo for a while...
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

mmmguitar wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:35 am Oh. So I guess you wouldn’t miss that Mojo for a while...
😜 Truthfully: these days, I mostly use that Mojo when I need to record something clean, and I use the neck pickup; I really think the SD Jazz neck pickup is something special.

In addition to general nostalgia with that guitar, since it’s my first Fly, it’s also clear evidence that USM Flys aren’t all inherently inferior; I ordered it directly from the factory, it arrived a few months later, and this guitar is a perfect example of a Fly. Like every company, USM had other QC issues, of course, but it’s not like they never got it right.

That color, the ice burst blue, is a Sharon Cline “Shazrock” original that she came up with for Parker Guitars.
jb63
Forum Veteran

Post by jb63 »

vjmanzo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:38 am I mostly use that Mojo when I need to record something clean, and I use the neck pickup; I really think the SD Jazz neck pickup is something special.
That's right!
And the out of phase middle position of the gen 2 pickups in the classic? Nothing like it!
just plain lost
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Yes!!!!
rmora88

Post by rmora88 »

@vjmanzo I actually own a 2008 Deluxe in Ice Blue Burst! Love it! I am having issues with it however. It was playing great, seems to have buzzing on the 10th fret, strings D,A,Low E. It just deadens the note on that one.. no where else. I've adjusted truss rod, balance wheel, and the bridge height, and still just that spot... it was fine a week or so ago.. I adjusted the action a bit on the pivot posts, and then this started happening.

Any suggestions??
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Oh great; I wasn’t sure if the original post was a “I’m looking for a first Fly” kinda post.

Hmm...it’s not impossible for the fret to lift a little bit, but that would be the result of a humidity issue or a chemical on the fingerboard; as long as the neck has the correct shape for the tension of strings you’re using then it’s probably just the bridge height.
jb63
Forum Veteran

Post by jb63 »

You can stare down the neck with your eye next to the nut looking at the bridge and see any twisting or high frets.
It takes some practice, but you can do it.
I've never personally encountered something I couldn't fix by adjusting the truss rod or one side of the bridge height, though.
just plain lost
jb63
Forum Veteran

Post by jb63 »

Here's my favorite after a quick look around:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Parker-Fl ... Sw2-9gb34M

Seems to be about the going rate, but I like them to run slightly cheaper. That said, that's the best looking one I can find right now.
just plain lost
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

I agree with @jb63: that seems like a great Fly! @Ken Parker has said many times that he and his team hit a real groove around 1997, so to see one in excellent condition from that window of time makes it even more tempting.

I also agree that the asking price is more than what I usually jump at, albeit not far from what it sold for new in 1997! If it’s truly in excellent condition: cry once! 😉
rmora88

Post by rmora88 »

I saw that one! It is tempting.. for the time being however I need to get my current Fly running! It's so frustrating however.. I don't see why it only happens to the 10th fret area notes.. Especially the low E on the 10th fret... totally dead note. Chokes out.. the rest of the fretboard is fine however.. so it find it odd.. if I adjust the truss rod too much, the action just get's too high for my tastes so I know somethings up.

My tech said it could be a high fret? But that's odd on this guitar in my opinion.. what do you guys think? He worked on it a few weeks back as the previous owner had epoxied the nut and the nut had chipped so I had to replace it.. he worked on it and set it up.. felt great and all was good to go! I adjusted the bridge height a bit a few days back, and I thought I had it really good, but noticed the 10th Fret on the low E string and A strings choking out.. so I started adjusting and well.. here I am.. cannot figure it out... I know the balance wheel is ok as it is barely touching the step stop... so that's ok.. I have 9.5's on a 9 spring.. and it was ok until I adjusted the bridge height.. again.. no idea.. may take it back in for him to check out tomorrow.

Thanks all for the help!! I really appreciate it all!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

It could be a high fret; not common, but not unheard of. Your tech can remove some material; not a big deal.

The only issue would be: if the fret is actually lifting (becoming unglued) you’d want to reglue it properly instead of removing material, so just have your take take a close look to see if the fret is coming up at all.
rmora88

Post by rmora88 »

That is a really great tip! Thank you! I will make sure to mention it. Do you recommend a specific type of epoxy glue for re-gluing Parker frets on the carbon glass epoxy fretboard?

I also notice that the high E string is getting caught on the saddle when using the tremolo and it makes a clinking noise.. ever heard of that happening?