Parker 335?

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Parker 335?

Post by Patzag »

Check this on eBay. Closing at 11:00 am in a couple of hours.
Almost went for it but I'm saving my pennies for something else.

Parker Electric Guitar 1 of a kind Prototype, 10 Years Old Semi Hollow Arch Top https://ebay.us/toFipI
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: Parker 335?

Post by vjmanzo »

I’ve been watching that! Looks cool! Wish there was some documentation on it other than that “it was made at USM”.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Is the logo the only Parker-specific spec it has?
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

it doesn’t appear to have an composite materials. If it wasn’t from Mike G. (a.k.a. wigiutar) I’d question its authenticity.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Looks great 😬😬😬
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

vjmanzo wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:54 am Looks great 😬😬😬
Yeah, I know.

I'm a big fan of the 335-type guitar - mostly tone-wise.

This one was interesting but nothing much to do with Parker except the logo. It would be interesting to hear some samples and get some inside info.
I suspect some effort to bring Parker into the traditional shapes in some misguided effort to make the brand profitable.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

semihollow.jpg
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

You haven’t seen anything - Watch the buyer list it for twenty grand with an all-caps title within the week and one of three guys from the Facebook groups hyping it up.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
Vantasner

Post by Vantasner »

Patzag wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:07 am
Yeah, I know.

This one was interesting but nothing much to do with Parker except the logo. It would be interesting to hear some samples and get some inside info.
I suspect some effort to bring Parker into the traditional shapes in some misguided effort to make the brand profitable.
Pretty much bang-on assessment; the 2 prototypes were intended to be a 335-esque offering with the Parker name. No CF was utilized in the construction of them. The 2 did differ; the one as listed above and the other is not "gold" as suggested in the ad rather it was/is metallic/sparkle green and it has a specially designed top mount tremolo akin to a Bigsby.

VDM
~I'm just people that know people~
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Great info, @Vantasner; thanks!
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Post by Patzag »

Vantasner wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:01 am
Patzag wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:07 am
Yeah, I know.

Pretty much bang-on assessment; the 2 prototypes were intended to be a 335-esque offering with the Parker name. No CF was utilized in the construction of them. The 2 did differ; the one as listed above and the other is not "gold" as suggested in the ad rather it was/is metallic/sparkle green and it has a specially designed top mount tremolo akin to a Bigsby.

VDM
Thank you for that info. Great to have some inside skinny on this.
According to the seller, this was a 2011 make. I was at the factory that year and had some hours to talk to Terry Atkins about the various changes made and the politics of these changes.
I can understand the concerns that USM was going through. Unfortunately, management technology is not a well defined subject at this time.
Vantasner

Post by Vantasner »

Patzag wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:07 am Thank you for that info. Great to have some inside skinny on this.
According to the seller, this was a 2011 make. I was at the factory that year and had some hours to talk to Terry Atkins about the various changes made and the politics of these changes.
I can understand the concerns that USM was going through. Unfortunately, management technology is not a well defined subject at this time.
I can't comment on the USM acquisition and the changes made at that time...Terry would have certainly known or at least had an informed opinion on what was happening around him.
I can say the Parker P335(s) of topic were built in 2012

VDM :idea:
~I'm just people that know people~