WTB - pre refined hex tremolo

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
igor

WTB - pre refined hex tremolo

Post by igor »

Hello all -

I recently acquired a pre-refined trans blue parker fly classic. It's in great shape and I love it BUT it is missing a hex tremolo. I know that I can make one, I am also considering swapping out for the non hex trem but would definitely prefer the original.

If anyone has one for sale or trade - I can trade you for a 9 or 10 spring maybe?

Thank you to all,

Igor
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: WTB - pre refined hex tremolo

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @Igor; there’s a link on the Anatomy of a Fly postto a builder, Tim, who does these made to order via an eBay. Others here have had a lot of success working with him.

Having said that, the idea of trading for a spring may be a big help for some folks here!! Cool of you to offer that; hope it all works out!
igor

Post by igor »

Thank you very much! I sent an email to the person you mentioned.
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

For what it’s worth, it’s simpler at the moment to fabricate a new hex bar than to find a “conversion kit.” Then again, I have no preference between the round and hex bars (it’s the trem design that’s the star, baby!).
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

mmmguitar wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:28 pm I have no preference between the round and hex bars (it’s the trem design that’s the star, baby!).
I read that as...
BFFE160F-3773-4664-BF6C-04C23BA9BC8D.png