WTB: Fly hard case

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
DLQ

WTB: Fly hard case

Post by DLQ »

Hi all,

Not sure if these also are hot commodities too, but if anyone has a hard case for sale for a fly, I am interested. Thanks!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: WTB: Fly hard case

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @DLQ—good luck with this search.

The Fly cases are somewhat hot commodities in that they don’t usually show up for sale on their own, but you can usually snag one for $100+ or so if and when they do; they usually are not overinflated to much more than $150 give or take.

FWIW—Hiscox Case in the UK will sell you an unbranded Fly case for about $200 if you’re in the UK, and you can order the case from Elderly Instruments in the U.S. for $279 50% non-refundable deposit plus the cost of shipping from their store to your home. A little pricey for a case, but it’s brand new and guaranteed not to smell like beer and cigarettes 😝
DLQ

Post by DLQ »

Thanks as always VJ! Do you know actually if a “single cut” Parker branded case would also fit a regular fly?
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Happy to help, @DLQ!

I don’t know, but my guess is that the Fly will not fit snugly in the case given the dimensions of the singlecut, but I don’t know.

I know that the Fly does fit in the same case as a NiteFly and just sinks down in the case a little.
Dabz

Post by Dabz »

vjmanzo wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:30 pm Hi @DLQ—good luck with this search.

The Fly cases are somewhat hot commodities in that they don’t usually show up for sale on their own, but you can usually snag one for $100+ or so if and when they do; they usually are not overinflated to much more than $150 give or take.

FWIW—Hiscox Case in the UK will sell you an unbranded Fly case for about $200 if you’re in the UK, and you can order the case from Elderly Instruments in the U.S. for $279 50% non-refundable deposit plus the cost of shipping from their store to your home. A little pricey for a case, but it’s brand new and guaranteed not to smell like beer and cigarettes 😝
Sorry to awaken an old post, but Do you know which case specifically to order on Elderly Instruments site? I have a '96 Fly Deluxe with the Leavy padded bag, but want a bit more protection for it, so in search of a hard shell case.

Thank you very much!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @Dabz—You have to contact them and explain what you want. The link to the Hiscox listing is on the parts page.
Gregsaab

Post by Gregsaab »

Recently purchased a a hardshell directly Hiscox, was about $290 and took about 5 weeks, but I’m glad I got it - nice case.
Attachments
58BE4E58-EA46-4D8C-8334-3C24153357EE.jpeg
8B5D739D-9729-4011-BD17-D8436A16AD19.jpeg
1998 Deluxe in Dusty Black
1999 Deluxe in Emerald Green
2011 Mojo in Transparent Red [sold]
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Looks good, @Gregsaab! Thanks for posting this. I like some of the changes to the lining I see in yours versus the original!