WTB: Fly Supreme / Spanish Fly Pre Refined

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
DLQ

WTB: Fly Supreme / Spanish Fly Pre Refined

Post by DLQ »

Hi all,

First I want to thank the site creator(s) and participants for this great resource! I've learned a lot here.

I mostly play the nylon string guitar now for many years, but recently fell in love with a pre-refined Fly and hoping to reconnect with the electric guitar. It was my first time experience with these guitars, and they are unlike any other electric I've played.

I've been interested in two particular models, the Fly Supreme and the Spanish Fly. If anyone here was interested in selling their pre-refined models, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for looking!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: WTB: Fly Supreme / Spanish Fly Pre Refined

Post by vjmanzo »

Thanks, @DLQ! It’s great to have you here, so thanks for being a part of it!

The Fly Nylon is on the rare side, but one or two do pop up each year on the used market; if you’re ready with $4,500 or so, and you’re quick to the draw, you can scoop one up. For reference, that’s about what they sold for new in the 1990s.

The Supreme is a bit more common than that, but not nearly as common as the Fly Deluxe or the Fly Classic. They usually sell for the high $3ks or low $4ks depending on condition, but, sometimes you can snag one for the mid-/high-2ks. They also sold for around that price range new in the 90s.

I think most people on this forum would prefer to sell internally to a fellow Fly fan, so good luck with that! Of course, part of the fun is to keep an active lookout on Reverb and eBay...but that also further fuels the problem! 😝
InsideInfo

Post by InsideInfo »

Stalk reverb like VJ and me. Be prepared to act quickly tho. There was a fly concert posted the other day for 1800 and it sold in 13 minutes. I thought I had it and went to check out and the 30 seconds it took to do that it was gone! Happy hunting!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

InsideInfo wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:31 pm Stalk reverb like VJ and me.
Haha! At least every other day, I'm scrolling through Reverb and I think: "what is wrong with me?!" ;)

Having said that, I didn't know there was a Concert up the other day for 13 minutes, so obviously, there's nothing wrong with me: I need to buckle down and focus more so I can at least click the "Watch" button when these nicely priced Flys whiz by! :lol:
mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

+1 to what the other gents have said. I check listings every day, just to follow the market. I scored my ‘11 Supreme through dumb luck when my url bar autocompleted Reverb.com and I caught the new listing before the seller or anyone else in the know realized the guitar could have sold for two grand above the asking price (as a recent ‘11 Tangerine Mojo listing just did).
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory
ahmadimran

Post by ahmadimran »

InsideInfo wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:31 pm Stalk reverb like VJ and me. Be prepared to act quickly tho. There was a fly concert posted the other day for 1800 and it sold in 13 minutes. I thought I had it and went to check out and the 30 seconds it took to do that it was gone! Happy hunting!
13 minutes??? I’m on Reverb every day and didn’t see it! Arghh
DLQ

Post by DLQ »

Haha thanks all. I am also on Reverb more than I need to be and now do have a search going. I also did not even see the 13 minute Fly. Most recently if I recall that White Fly Deluxe went pretty quickly.