For Sale - Mojo Blue Burst

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
lerxst6

For Sale - Mojo Blue Burst

Post by lerxst6 »

Picked this one up locally mostly for curiosity sake. This needs a setup, but everything works well. Spring is a 9 and I'm pretty sure the previous owner has put 10s on it. Initial thought was to get it set up and play it for a while, but it's clear to me that I love my pre-refine Fly Deluxe more. And I've got too much gear as it is.

AND - I was told by a new friend (and smart guy) that I shouldn't be a Fly Hoarder! So here we are.

$2400 + shipping. No bar, but includes the Parker gigbag. Will consider trades and partial trades.

Happy to talk on phone/facetime/zoom if someone would like.

Several pictures here:
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Re: For Sale - Mojo Blue Burst

Post by vjmanzo »

Looks great, @lerxst6! Good luck with the sale!

Your non-hoarding sensibilities are an inspiration to us all!! :lol: One day: I can change! :P
caseyinakilt

Post by caseyinakilt »

Nice! Where are you located?
lerxst6

Post by lerxst6 »

I’m in Naples Florida - USA
InsideInfo

Post by InsideInfo »

Hi there.

I'm curious about a couple things but I'm interested.

I've never played or owned anything other than a prerefine and Id like to know what exactly you prefer about the prerefines? Aside from those details, can you make a judgement on the differences of the overall build quality? And what condition would you say it's in currently?

Also if we are talking trades, I have a few things I'd consider. All my trade options cost me avg of 3500. A PRS custom 24 10 top, a 6 string Majesty (PLEK'd), and a Gibson SJ200 acoustic all in dead mint. Thanks in advance for your reply ☺️
lerxst6

Post by lerxst6 »

The Mojo is every bit as well made as the pre-refine. The neck is subtly thicker on the Mojo. Sounds great. As I mentioned needs a setup. I knew this when I bought it.

A good buddy of mine who also plays passed thru town the other day and he liked the feel of the Mojo a lot better - he likes the thicker neck.

In truth I’m a bit intimidated by working on the Parkers myself. And i used to love working on guitars - now i don’t and just don’t have much time to with job and kids activities. If this were a hard tail or a Floyd Rose (owned FR guitars for 30 years) i would’ve already tackled it.

I just prefer the feel of the Deluxe. That’s probably partially because it was my “first” and partially because of the setup and also because it is one of the earlier Parkers. Ive only had the Deluxe a month or so longer than this Mojo.

Also if these were $1000 guitars I’d probably keep it too. These guitars are worth a lot more than any of my others (Fender Tele, Ibanez JS series and a few acoustics in the $1000 range). I’ve sorta dipped into my “fun money” a bit more deeply than I normally would because I knew these Parkers were hard to find.

As for condition - it’s been played but not abused. Some pick swirl. A few spots on the back - “buckle rash” would overstate it. There’s 1 small chip on the treble side of the trem cavity. No gross damage or “gouges”

It’s not mint but it’s a 9/10.
InsideInfo

Post by InsideInfo »

Gotcha, thanks for the quick reply. I'll take it over to PM with you if that's ok.
lerxst6

Post by lerxst6 »

Sent you a PM ... not sure it went. If you don’t receive email me dean.hutchinson@gmail.com
lerxst6

Post by lerxst6 »

Still available. Hit me up if interested.
lerxst6

Post by lerxst6 »

Traded.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Congrats, @lerxst6!
InsideInfo

Post by InsideInfo »