Pre refined classic in Ireland

Have something Parker-related to sell? Post about it here. Three things you need to know:
1. This area is for Parker Guitars and related accessories only
2. Post a clear asking price
3. This site assumes no responsibility in these transactions
Stevieaxeman

Pre refined classic in Ireland

Post by Stevieaxeman »

jb63
Forum Veteran

Re: Pre refined classic in Ireland

Post by jb63 »

That’s my favorite color fly but I have never been able to land one. Right now there is a plethora of fantastic flys on reverb. All at or just below prices they listed for when new. All way out of a player’s price range.

Ow!
just plain lost
Mr303
Forum Veteran

Post by Mr303 »

I’m partial to solar flare, electric blue, root beer and tangerine. I have a PDF75 in tangerine and the ‘97 deluxe in gold.
But as I’ve stated before any finish on a Parker is nice.
Wheresthedug

Post by Wheresthedug »

OOOFT

That is a STUNNING Colour!!!!!

I'm surprised at the price though. I bought my Gold 97 Deluxe last year in the UK for £1,350 and there were several available around that price at the time.
Mr303
Forum Veteran

Post by Mr303 »

Wheresthedug wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:36 pm OOOFT

That is a STUNNING Colour!!!!!

I'm surprised at the price though. I bought my Gold 97 Deluxe last year in the UK for £1,350 and there were several available around that price at the time.
Wheresthedug
That price sounds good for the UK.
I too own a ‘97 gold deluxe.
Its serial number is 217087bp
I bought it in 2015 $1300 usd.
When was yours made?
Cheers!
Wheresthedug

Post by Wheresthedug »

Hi Mr303 sorry for the tardy reply. I haven't been in the forum for a while and just noticed your question today.

My was made on 30th June 1997 if I'm reading the serial number correctly.
Mr303
Forum Veteran

Post by Mr303 »

Wheresthedug...thanks for the reply.
To clarify my last post, I think you got a good deal on your Parker the OP is pricey.

Ok here’s my truly Parker guitar nerd moment for today...

It would be interesting to see a spread sheet of the various finishes used throughout any particular year.
Of course without production records no such thing will happen.
If there was a way to see the spread of one color vs another then “rarity” would be easier to define.
(As in I’ve always heard gold finished guitars were rare but I tend to doubt that, unless it’s true when it’s time to sell! Then “oh yeah...gold is a rare color!”.)

Ha! I just understood your screen name....dug?....It’s in the back yard having a shite!
I’ve been watching ‘Chewing the fat” and “Still Game” on Netflix the last couple weeks.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Mr303 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:08 pm It would be interesting to see a spread sheet of the various finishes used throughout any particular year.
I’ll add an easy one: a couple years ago, @Ken Parker told me that the first batch of Deluxes (the 60 or so ones with the Redwood necks instead of Basswood) were almost all black and that they only made about five in white. He told me the paint team hated doing white guitars because if even the tiniest speck of dirt or debris got into the mix it messed everything up!