Site Admin

"Bullwinkle" guitar hanger

Post by vjmanzo »

bullwinkle.png

See also: the Anatomy of a Fly
rsdio

Re: "Bullwinkle" guitar hanger

Post by rsdio »

Please forgive the silly question, but how does this thing work?

I don't see it in the manual that came with my Fly guitars, and although I see photos of this thing all over the internet ... I still haven't seen one in use. It's just a mysterious-looking contraption to the uninitiated.
Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Supreme '98
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Not a silly question at all—it’s not really apparent until you see it in action:

The back wheels of the Sperzel tuners rest in the rounded areas of the holder. So, in the picture above, the holder is oriented upside down.

Once the tuners are secured in the holder, the bottom larger part of the holder can sit on top of a guitar stand that is designed to hold a guitar from the headstock.
moonrayal

Post by moonrayal »

That is quite clever! No danger with the weight on the tuners? I guess there isn't a lot of weight to speak of...
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

I agree! Very clever!

Yeah, you’re talking 5lbs +/- and the weight is distributed across all of the tuners, which are essentially part of the headstock. I wouldn’t hang a Les Paul from a piece of plastic connected to a tuning peg, but it seems to work for a Fly! :lol:
jimmyjamerz

Post by jimmyjamerz »

What an incredible project you've all taken on. I'm a new Parker owner and I need a Bullwinkle hanger. It seems like the Clone Project is still in Phase 1. Is there anyway I could purchase a 3-D print of one of these hangers? Or purchase a copy of the CAD file? Thanks!
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Thanks @jimmyjamerz! Welcome to the forum; we’re glad you’re a part of this.

Yes, we’re working on a distribution plan for some parts now, but, in the meantime, these do come up for sale on eBay often, and there is at least one seller that is 3D printing them (though that shop seems to be offline at the moment).
jimmyjamerz

Post by jimmyjamerz »

Thanks @vjmanzo . Yeah, I've searched high and low and no one seems to be selling them anymore. There are just old links on Google. Then I started doing images searches, which lead me here. Hopefully yours is available soon. Good luck with the project. :)
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Thanks @jimmyjamerz; we'll keep you (and everyone) posted. I appreciate the kind regards.

There were a few available on eBay last week, and I do know that one of my friends was able to scoop one up; maybe just keep an eye on it for a week?
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

parmadison

Post by parmadison »

Hey! Is there a CAD file available for this? I've been searching for weeks and can't get a response from the eBay seller listed above or any other sources unfortunately. I've got a 3D printer at home. Just trying to save the neck on my fly :(
lerxst6

Post by lerxst6 »

Is there a CAD file? I could 3D print a few as well.

Also if someone had a scaled traceD PDF - I could model it in SolidWorks.
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Thanks @parmadison and @lerxst6; we do have CAD files, but we're not currently in a position to release anything.
tmbridge

Post by tmbridge »

Hi @vjmanzo

I've made a bulk run of about 6 Bullwinkles that I have posted for sale on the FB Parker groups. It was mentioned that I should let you know that I am making them so you can log it in this site. Would you mind if I post in this forum offering them for sale?

Once the 6 I have sell out, I will do another bulk build, aiming for 20-30 end product.

@parmadison, I have some bullwinkles in black and navy blue for sale. Reach out if you are interested!

Thanks,
Tim

vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Hi @tmbridge,

That’s great! Yes, please post in the Classifieds section with you preferred methods of contact and I’ll link from the main parts list page!
tmbridge

Post by tmbridge »

Thanks @vjmanzo!

The 6 prototypes I made sold out in less than 12 hours :D so I will hold off on posting to the Classifieds section until I have more available.

I plan to do a small run this weekend with the remainder of my raw materials and then I will order a larger bulk order of raw materials to make larger batches in the future.

Thanks!

Tim
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Great!
tmbridge

Post by tmbridge »

Hi @vjmanzo, I've pumped out another batch of bullwinkle clones and I've made a post in Classifieds at http://fly.electricguitarinnovationlab. ... f=16&t=189. Would you mind adding it to the list?

BTW, I have taken lessons in the past with Vince Genella -- he speaks very highly of you and your initiative and drive here at the Fly Clone project! I'm really excited to be a part of the community!

Thanks again,
Tim
vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo »

Great, @tmbridge! I’ve just linked it! Congrats and thank you for helping the community!

So glad you know, @VinceGenella! Great guy and terrific musician! Thank you for the kind words about our efforts here with Fly Clone, and thanks for being a part of it! We Fly nuts have to look out for eachother, and your efforts are no small matter! 8-)
collin_feral

Post by collin_feral »

Does anyone have one of these hangers for sale? 2002 Nitefly M. Thanks!