Fly Parker Preamp Issue

Discussions of every Fly in every variation including Deluxe, Classic, Mojo, Artist, Supreme, Stealth, Concert/Bronze, and custom Flys
Fly_Help

Fly Parker Preamp Issue

Post by Fly_Help »

Forum newbie here, hoping for some help.

Have been given a Parker Fly to repair and not very familiar with these guitars its a made in Korea model SN number shown below.

When switching to the piezo I get a constant noise on both positons.

Tested the piezo saddles going direct to an amp and these work fine.

Test the switch with a multimeter and that works fine also

This leads me to think its the preamp. In this guitar after reading the useful info on the site I see that it is not a flex board.

The preamp PCB is mounted straight onto the pot which controls the volume for the piezo.

If anyone can confirm my diagnosis and point me in the right direction for the parts needed for repair ?
20240326_213746 (1).jpg
20240326_162631 (1).jpg
Patzag
Forum Veteran

Re: Fly Parker Preamp Issue

Post by Patzag »

Yes. Probably a defective Fishman Powerchip.
Or a grounding issue. But less likely.
Fly_Help

Post by Fly_Help »

Thanks... are these powerchips available to purchase all sites I check are out of stock.

I guess its the long shaft version ?
Fly_Help

Post by Fly_Help »

Found it on Amazon uk of all places.. the regular version , the long shaft seems to be for Les Pauls with the metal plate.

mmmguitar
Forum Veteran

Post by mmmguitar »

Fly_Help wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:10 am Found it on Amazon uk of all places.. the regular version , the long shaft seems to be for Les Pauls with the metal plate.
It seems you got it all sorted. Please let us know if you encounter any issues with the replacement board.
Summary of the Parker Guitars speculator market from 2020 onward: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory